Entry Level Camera

Scouty

This year i am shortly looking at purchasing my first "grown up" camera lol

ok so i have settled on a canon brand. Looking at a entry level camera, but that will take great quality shots

Aiming at taking moving shots of dogs and horses in work.

not looking for movie quality, but sharpness in colours and pics.

IMG_5698.jpg

this pic was taken by a friend of a friend who i have no contact with, but I am after this kind of sharpness quality.

I have absolutly no idea what she was using on this day.

I am guess i want high fps and a quick start up time.

can anyone suggest what i research more towards please.

thanks

the rookie - scout

If you are looking at SLR's I would also recommend the Canon 550d. I've just switched to this after using the Canon 20d for quite some time and I love it.

Although the 7d would be better for the action shots you are talking about, the 550d would be a great starter. It can do almost 4fps.

Edited to say: to get the maxium fps you will also need a memory card with a fast writing speed. This makes the most of the cameras abilities. I use one of the Sandisk 'extreme' SD cards.

Edited by Naomi

If you are looking at SLR's I would also recommend the Canon 550d. I've just switched to this after using the Canon 20d for quite some time and I love it.

Although the 7d would be better for the action shots you are talking about, the 550d would be a great starter. It can do almost 4fps.

Edited to say: to get the maxium fps you will also need a memory card with a fast writing speed. This makes the most of the cameras abilities. I use one of the Sandisk 'extreme' SD cards.

ok guys just checking in to see what the advice is.

I am off to check the canon 550d

keep em coming please. :laugh:

scout

550D for sure if you want dslr.

don't forget to budget for lenses, too.

The 7D, imho, is far too much camera for most users though if you're really into it and don't mind dropping a big chunk of change, go for it! Anyone can learn to use it.

So I have to see prices which include a lens and which does not.

At a computer swap meet today, the sd card extreme 16 was quoted $100. There's a extreme pro 16 for $200. Not sure how that compares to shop or online prices as just started looking.

Still looking

So I have to see prices which include a lens and which does not.

At a computer swap meet today, the sd card extreme 16 was quoted $100. There's a extreme pro 16 for $200. Not sure how that compares to shop or online prices as just started looking.

Still looking