1080 Fox Baiting Sydney Northern Beaches

Quickasyoucan

To anyone on the Northern Beaches of Sydney, my friend received a letter from Warringah Council yesterday (she lives near a reserve) to say they would be baiting from 7th March, also in May, August and the end of October.

Sites include:

Manly-Warringah War Memorial (aka Manly Dam)

North Curl Curl Headland (this is not the Curl Curl dog park but not that far away)

Dee Why Lagoon

Deep Creek

Garigal National Park (there are leash free bordering the park including Seaforth Oval)

Just so that people are aware that 1080 will be laid from 7th March onwards in baits buried 10cm deep.

It is part of the regional baiting program that includes other councils on the North side so if anyone lives in the Pittwater, Warringah, Ryde, possibly Kuringai area (sorry don't have flyer with me), might be worth checking with your council to see if you are affected.

It's fox baiting....and it happens very regularly throughout this area and has done for years..

I noticed a sign on Wednesday at the entrance to a bush track off Wakehurst Parkway that leads to the Aquatic Centre and the top part of Manly War Memorial Park.

They also lay bait for rabbits in the area too.

I have seen a dead fox on Allambie Rd and a friend saw a live fox just sitting by Allambie Rd at dusk.