Poor Rusty :(

Dogsrawesome

Went into a rescue a few weeks back and seen a dog to me that looked like a Pit bull anyway this dog was fine was in the pen with other dogs playing with them and coming up to me and my friend letting us pat him, just an all round sweet dog and was up for adoption i whispered to my friend what she thought and she agreed. Went there last weekend and this poor dog was separated from the other dogs and had council pending :laugh: it immediately crushed me to know this dog wasnt going to be around much longer all because it looked like a pit bull "red nose". I dont know what people opinion are but i think it should be based on personality and this dog was fine and thats clearly why the rescue put it up for adoption just seems like someone went in seen the poor dog and complained.

• 2 weeks later...
Went into a rescue a few weeks back and seen a dog to me that looked like a Pit bull anyway this dog was fine was in the pen with other dogs playing with them and coming up to me and my friend letting us pat him, just an all round sweet dog and was up for adoption i whispered to my friend what she thought and she agreed. Went there last weekend and this poor dog was separated from the other dogs and had council pending :laugh: it immediately crushed me to know this dog wasnt going to be around much longer all because it looked like a pit bull "red nose". I dont know what people opinion are but i think it should be based on personality and this dog was fine and thats clearly why the rescue put it up for adoption just seems like someone went in seen the poor dog and complained.

See the individual, not the shape of the cranium. We need to change attitudes and then laws.

• 3 weeks later...

i will check the website once a week to see when he gets adopted :) hopefully sooner the better, this shelter is a non kill one so he has all the time he needs but i hope its soon because a shelter cant be to good for any dog.

Edited by Dogperson

this is what they wrote about him :)

Oh Boy has he a story to tell you! .. Rusty needs a active family to share his life with.

No sitting around for this boy .. he is obedient .. loyal and loving. Rusty also likes to be able to come inside and visit so he feels part of the family.

His new home must have secure 6 foot fences for Rusty's own safety.

• 4 weeks later...