What Do People Think

Hi,

I have one for my young boy as he has much more energy than my older boy. So if I put a backpack on him it tires him out more, and I can walk them the same distance and satisfy both their energy needs =).

no dog yet :thumbsup: Just asking what people think of them.

so pretty much for active type dogs? and Larger dogs?

For what purpose?

I'd not put one on a Whippet and they are pretty active.

It's a bit like horses. Backpack horses tend to be fairly heavy, straight shouldered draft or draft cross breeds. Not all horses are up to carrying weight in that manner.

I thought you were talking about these at first http://houndbag.com/ Which I love lol (I have the black bag with the pink camouflage design :thumbsup: ).

Actual dog back packs though I would be a little wary of, especially with dogs prone to back or hip problems. A healthy dog with a well fitted back pack, with nothing too heavy in it though I would have no problem with, a harness and a small cart might be a better option :)

Found this thread about dog back packs too.

We use and are a distributor for one brand of back packs however if you'd like more info, please PM me. Can't put details here as posts of a commercial nature are against forum rules (promoting other people is fine, just not your own business).

Edited by Dxenion

Our dog was fine carrying hers we usually put small amount of water for her to carry. Unfortuantely she later had leg issues and this has stopped her wearing the backpack since (they DIDNT cause the problem that came up due to other reasons)

I have one for my dogs. He wears it when we go to the beach of a day out to the park. I put his ball and poo bags in it and any other dog stuff that I cant carry at the time. Heavy stuff like water goes in my bag. Although once I had to return some dvds so put his bag on 2 dvds in each side and away we went. I thought I was clever haha.