My Vizsla Puppy

jessie86

Hi everyone,

I'm a little worried about my 7month old Vizsla puppy.

I've take the day off work to be with him today.

We woke up this morning to take him for his usual morning walk, and my partner said he saw our pup coughing a few time and then spat up yellow phlegm.

His nose is wet, he's full of energy, he ate all his food, however this weird coughing thing has happened twice more this morning, but with no phlegm.

we're trying to get in contact with our vet, and will try and take him in either today or tomorrow, I'm worried about it though, as the other day I found this werid tiny lump on his neck, it literally looked like a pimple, and I touched it and it exploded just like a pimple, and fluid leaked out, and it went away. Could he have an allergy??? or is this most likely an infection.

Obviously we will have to wait to here from our Vet, but in the meantime I'm worried, and googling all these horrible symptoms which is scaring me.

Our pup is fully vaccinated, wormed, treated for fleas/ticks with Advantix, and eats a healthy raw and kibble diet.

Sorry for all the grosse details!

Thanks,

J

Firstly, stop googling, there's no point when you don't know what the cause is. If the only symptom is some coughing, and he's still eating and bouncing around, it's not likely to anything too serious. Just try and book him into your vet today, if you're that concerned. Are you sure he hasn't just eaten some grass and just vomited bile back up? My pup used to do that a bit when younger.. he'd 'mow' the lawn, and then cough and splutter up bile because the grass irritates their stomach and makes them vomit. Just see what the vet says :laugh: I'm sure he'll be fine.

Edited by Bundy's Mum

It is possibly Kennel Cough .. and unrelated to teh pimple .. but a vet visit is the only way to tell :laugh:

Oh no, I'm freaking out.

It's more of a gagging type of thing, doesn't sound like a real 'sick dog cough'.

Even if he's been immunised for this, is it still possible to contract??

Firstly, stop googling, there's no point when you don't know what the cause is. If the only symptom is some coughing, and he's still eating and bouncing around, it's not likely to anything too serious. Just try and book him into your vet today, if you're that concerned. Are you sure he hasn't just eaten some grass and just vomited bile back up? My pup used to do that a bit when younger.. he'd 'mow' the lawn, and then cough and splutter up bile because the grass irritates their stomach and makes them vomit.

Yeah you're right, I know it's such a bad habit to google everything, I need to stop.

He's had grass vomits before, and this is definitely different, it's a gagging type of cough/reflux thing like he'g going to vomit, and yellow phlegm came out. Our vet doesn't work Thursday's however I'll try and get him to see someone else at the practice. Hopefully he'll be okay!

Firstly, stop googling, there's no point when you don't know what the cause is. If the only symptom is some coughing, and he's still eating and bouncing around, it's not likely to anything too serious. Just try and book him into your vet today, if you're that concerned. Are you sure he hasn't just eaten some grass and just vomited bile back up? My pup used to do that a bit when younger.. he'd 'mow' the lawn, and then cough and splutter up bile because the grass irritates their stomach and makes them vomit.

Yeah you're right, I know it's such a bad habit to google everything, I need to stop.

He's had grass vomits before, and this is definitely different, it's a gagging type of cough/reflux thing like he'g going to vomit, and yellow phlegm came out. Our vet doesn't work Thursday's however I'll try and get him to see someone else at the practice. Hopefully he'll be okay!

He will be fine :laugh: Just take some deep breaths and book him in! It's always scary when our 'babies' aren't quite right.

something she has eaten that has upset her stomach/something stuck in her throat?

sometimes my girl brandy will swallow the palm tree seeds while i am at work and vomit them back up with yucky yellow flem which leaves a nice stain on her bedding.

Dogs can and will still get Kc even if they are vaccinated, I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think there is more than one strain and it would be impossible to vacc against every one. Two of mine have had KC at once and a few days of quiet and no excersise they were good as new and my other two dogs didn't get it. Mine got it off a dog at the dog park whos owner just thought his dog had a cold and by the time I heard him coughing it was too late as mine had already had a play with him.

Hope the vet puts your mind at ease, It is a worry when they are sick.