Riley's Sighing

This is probably going to be really hard to explain, and really stupid but anyway...

Riley is 10 now. He's healthy and had a check up at the vet about 5 weeks ago.

Lately (as in the last 2-3 weeks) he's suddenly started making more noise.

The noise is like a sigh/yawn. A drawn out noise, like he's taking a big sigh and yawning at the same time if that makes sense :hug:

He does it when he's just led down, or while he's lying down. He never seems bothered by it - I look at him and he looks back at me as if he never even heard the noise.

Im 99% sure he isn't in pain - he's still running around, and he looks relaxed when he's making the noise.

But, the reason I find it weird is that he never made this noise before, ever, and suddenly he's doing it all the time (as in 3-4 times a night)

Could there a underlying issue here, or am i just being totally parnoid :cry:

Im just scared now he's older Im going to miss something and regret it.

Edited by wagsalot

I really wouldn't worry to much. My boy started doing it a year ago and he is only 3.5 yrs old. Out of the blue I just started noticing him sighing before bed and when he wakes up it usually triggers a big morning yawn. And right before he does his morning yoga/stretches =P. If your concerned talk to your vet but I think its probably just him relaxing.

I think someone else commented recently that her dog started sighing or doing noisy yawns so often it was irritating her as it hadn't dont it before. I dont think it was in here though, might have been in general or off topic.

edit: found it. I dont think it will help you though.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...19&hl=noisy

Edited by Kirislin

Thanks!

I ended up having to take him to the vet on Saturday to get a tooth checked so I asked while I was there.

Vet checked him over, said he seems really healthy, and he obviously isn't in any pain so as much as its odd that he's started it out of nowhere, its probably nothing to worry about.

Maybe after all these years of being pretty quiet, he's just decided to be more vocal.