Must Haves Vs Nice To Haves

piper

All of the things mentioned are useful plus a second pair of hands, usually attached to someone that you can have a good chat with while you wait between pups. My sister and I both being single act as each others second pair of hands/whelping partner. Handy if you have to work on a pup without the mum or mum needs a little help or you just have to go to the loo but don't want to leave the dog unsupervised. Pizza seems to be the common food here to maintain the humans involved and Glucodin and warm lactose free milk for the whelping mum between pups.

A very necessary addition to the whelping box for my Aussie girl was her favorite toy, every time we tried to remove it she would leave the whelping box to retrieve it so in the end it stayed there.

A good piece of advice I was given is to have the car set up incase a dash to the vet is needed - newspaper, blankets/towles etc, a collar/lead somewhere easy to grab, box with blankets for the pups and heat packs and a tank with plenty of fuel. It takes time to get all that ready which you may not have once the bitch has started

Newspaper, newspaper and more newspaper

lol - I walked outside last night and picked up the weekly free paper and started walking to the recycle bin and changed my mind. Hubby also told a few people at work that but the paper to start giving them to him to bring home rather than throwing them out.

And ozjen - I am hoping she will be prepared to give up frisbee while she whelps, bit given how much she loves it I can see her doing exactly as you describe if we take it away. :confused: