Exelpet Capstar

ESCS

I am just wondering if anyone uses Exelpet Capstar which I've noticed is sold in supermarkets and K-Mart. Is it the same thing as the other capstar?

Thanks.

Yes it is essentially! It's just a different brand. Capstar (either brand) only works for a 24 hour period though and all the fleas come back so almost a bit of a waste of money.

Spend the money on Comfortis as it last longer than a month and if you buy it offline it's $60 for 6 month supply.

It is the same and although it is short acting it is an excellent product for a quick kill or in conjunction with a product such as Sentinel if you need a quicker fix to an existing flea problem.

If you do not have a flea problem at home and take your dog out and about and it picks them up it is ideal.

It is also useful when you bring a new animal into a flea free environment.

Thanks very much for the advice, everyone. We use Sentinel Spectrum and Proban (for ticks) as well but have to use capstar on the odd occasion when he comes home from day care with a flea or two. It will be much easier to pick up Capstar at the supermarket when I'm doing the grocery shopping and it is a little cheaper as well.

Sunnyflower, I will definitely think about Comfortis. My only concern is that our dog has sensitive skin and stomach. I've heard that Comfortis can have some side effects for some dogs and have hesitated to use it in case our dog reacts to it. He cannot tolerate any of the spot ons so we've been using the combination of Sentinel and Capstar.

ESCS - Sorry, I didn't realise you were using it in conjunction with anything else! I cannot definitely see what crisovar and wuffles mean when using it as a quick treatment in conjunction with your monthly flea control.

I too did hear that Comfortis can upset the dogs tummies and I also was a little hesitant but we had a really bad flea problem and nothing was working so it was worth the shot and he had no reactions at all!

I do need to give my boy credit than I do because after he was desexed he walked out of the vets like nothing had ever happened and we only got him done in Jan over the age of 2.

Good luck. :laugh: