Photo Competition Terms

FHRP

I am looking at submitting a few photo's of working gundogs in a competition and was reading the terms and conditions. Is this normal? I've substituted the xxx :)

Eligible Entrant grants xxx the right to unlimited world-wide use of the photos for company brochures, promotion and advertising relating to products or services from xxx and other providers, including without limitation agreeing to the publication of any winning photograph in any medium. Note the entrant still retains ownerships of copyright, albeit with the grant of a broad licence to xxx to use the photos.

eta. I am reading this as any photo submitted, whether it wins or not can be used for advertising etc.? Right?

Edited by FHRP

Yep its very very normal for nearly every photo competition. I dont enter comps and dont remember actually doing so (except one run by the raceclub which did not have conditions as such apart from being able to use the image to promote the comp/raceday or something but not unlimited rights etc)

And quite frankly that one says you retain copyright so is better than most - most dont even allow you that - they claim you hand over ownership rights as part of entering (or winning).