Scabs On One Side Of The Body

giraffez

My older boy has got lumps all over one side of the body. It feels like lumps but on further inspection, its almost like scabs all over the body (only on one side). It started of as one lump and he kept chewing at it... then over a few days, i am feeling it all over. the lump is almost like an insect bite... and its tender when i touch it, just like a fresh mosquito bite on human skin. The other scabs are not bothering him much, doesnt hurt to touch or examine, he is not too itchy but he does chew on it once in a while. I noticed lumps like this once before and it just dissapears after a couple of days.

I had this problem when i first brought a puppy home, he had scabs all over him especially around the beard/neck area - it almost was like a breakout, one minute there was nothing, the next its all over. I concluded from posts from other members on this forum it was the puppy's sharp teeth nipping at the area. The scabs dissapeared after a week or so.

This time its on his body, i doubt its the puppy anymore as he has lost all the baby teeth. It is similar in that it feels like a breakout as well. I'm starting to think this may be an allergy reaction to the insect that bit him... the one lump set off a chain reaction of small scabs. could this be possible?

Any other ideas?

My allergic boy is covered in scabs at the moment and on anti-biotics....bacterial infection.

Prob best to have your Vet look at it.

Yep, litter mates can bite around the neck and cause some scabbing.

I also had a thought... some sort of irritation/infection post clipping?

nope, hasn't been clipped recently, i don't see fleas either.

No brushing as that area is clipped so not much fur

Edited by giraffez