Another Stupid Owner Rant.

dee lee

Do you think I am out of line?

I am from a smaller city and there is a girl I used to know that had a lab and a rotty and has bred them together 5 times in the past 2 years.

I saw photos of the latest litter on facebook and asked her *why* she doesn't desex her animals and continues to breed. Now I am not exaggerating the backlash I got not only from her swearing her head off and what not but about 120 others also commented on the photo telling me she can do what she wants and that I'm a stuck up city girl now and blah blah (still lots of swearing).

Should I have not said anything at all? I can't keep quiet when its something I feel so passionately about.

I'm super upset that there are so many bybs that cannot be punished for breeding their dogs too regularly and giving them up at 6 weeks etc. I'm also pretty bummed that out of 120 comments not one person thought what she was doing is wrong. How are we ever going to ban pups being sold from bybs to petshops if no one understands or cares about why it is wrong.

Needless to say next time I visit my parents (still in the town) I might have to wear body armor!

Even setting aside the byb and cross breeding issues, 5 times in 2 years is far too often for the bitch. It's barely possible actually, given their normal cycles, so I assume you mean just over 2 years. A bitch should not be bred on successive seasons that many times in a row, it's asking too much of her and would get a registered breeder into hot water.

Edited by Diva

This morning i went to the park and I spent the whole time trying to avoid a BC that kept trying to jump all over me and stealing my dogs ball.

It wasn't so much the behaviour of the dog that annoyed me (though i think it is rude), but the owner, who stood in the middle of the park shouting COME and NO to the dog (which was clearly ineffectual). She didn't even apologise or try to put her dog on the leash.

Now I think BCs are lovely dogs for the right person, but really a less active older person who just stands in the park screaming at her dog, is probably not the best type of owner for an active, young BC.

I was recently walking the WHippets - on lead - along and on lead beach.

there was a bloke further up with his Jack Russell off lead. HE told it no it ran straight up to mine who just looked at it. It then lunged towards Rommi so I roarded at it and it ran back to it's owner.

Now what would you think he would do????????

He grabbed it belted it then let it run off again. Although this time it kept away from us.

Bloody morons!

Don't take it on yourseof to approach this person and enlighten her, it may not go well, especially if ytour kids are at the same school. Is she a regular offender, it seems form your description that she may be a frequent off leader and clueless, in her own world....call council ask that they have a polite chat. Describe the pup and owner and the event, If you know where she regularly walks and the times etc, it should be no problem for a clever ranger to tap her on the shoulder.