Sentinel Spectrum Vs Confortis

Fleas!!! I can't beleive they are BACK.

I have used Revolution with success, but as my girl swims X2 per day, it only lasts 2 weeks.

Tried Advocate last week, only lasted 1 week!

Thought the chew ones would be better with a swimmy dog. (PS I don't shampoo, only rinse or use soap free)

Any advice which one?

P.S we have 2 cats we treat as well.

:)

Sentinel won't kill the adults - it works more as a breeding regulator for the fleas so they won't multiply. But adults can still jump on and bite and survive. It would take a month or so with Sentinel before you'd start to see a reduction of fleas in your home.

Comfortis is an adulticide only, so if adults bite, they die. Any eggs/larvae etc in your house can and will still hatch, but once they bite, they'll die.

If you're wanting heartworm and worming, I'd use Interceptor then just use a separate flea treatment like Comfortis which you can stop if you need to.

our vet advised us to use both (given how allergic to fleas she is likely to be). I'm switching to interceptor and comfortis- we've never had a flea problem so don't feel the need to double up. You can always try 3 months worth and change if need be.

I love Comfortis, but I say that for different reasons. Bronte can't have topical flea treatments on her skin so we go the tablet way. Apart from when she was a baby puppy, she has never had fleas. I know the dog next door has them, we think their cat is bringing them home - thank goodness for my cat net, it keeps her out and mine in.

Maybe dose with Capstar to kill them off and then onto Comfortis.

Oh, she's also on Interceptor as it doesn't contain any 'mectins' that Collies can be sensitive too. No problems with either of them.

Edited by SmoothieGirl