Rotations Dog Food

DobieMum

I'd never heard of it, but just checked the ingredients, fat/protein levels etc. and it looks good to me. However it's an imported product and therefore expensive, Black Hawk is also a quality product, half the price and my dogs are doing well on it. So, although Rotations appears to be an excellent food I think I'll stay with Black Hawk :eat:

I was given a sample of three different "flavours" at a show on the weekend, and Boo hoovered it all up.

They only have puppy or adult for each variety and the pieces are all the same size and really quite small(hardly bigger than a pea), so if you have large dogs that do better with bigger bits of kibble that could put you off.

http://www.holisticdog.com.au/ this is one made in Australia that you may wish to check out - reviews from people I know who have been using it over a month now, and on the facebook page have been VERY possitive and aparently the price is good too.

Edited by Kissindra

I was given a sample of three different "flavours" at a show on the weekend, and Boo hoovered it all up.

They only have puppy or adult for each variety and the pieces are all the same size and really quite small(hardly bigger than a pea), so if you have large dogs that do better with bigger bits of kibble that could put you off.

http://www.holisticdog.com.au/ this is one made in Australia that you may wish to check out - reviews from people I know who have been using it over a month now, and on the facebook page have been VERY possitive and aparently the price is good too.

Kissindra that food looks pretty average to me, the ingredients in Rotations are far superior.

Ingredients: Wholegrain cereals and cereal by products, Meat and Meat by-products (derived from

lamb and poultry), Tallow (derived from poultry and/or beef), Natural Flavour, Dried distillers

grain, Whole linseed, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Essential vitamins and minerals and Antioxidants.

I looked at the Rotations but it was very expensive. It seems a good food though.

I agree Miranda about the Holistic Dog food , that fact that grains and by products are the first ingredient does not impress me along with the fact we don't know which grains, then meat and by-products from lamb AND poultry when it says it is a lamb food, does not impress me either.

I also like the Black Hawk and dogs are doing great on it. It states which grains there are, the lamb is the only meat ingredient it is first and has no by-products.

It is also extremely good value for money. It is also important to me that I buy Australian where possible.

Edited by OSoSwift

We got a free box of Rotations to try out. Our dogs are fed VAN but I like to keep a good dry food aside for emergencys like travel, or meat that hasnt defrosted etc.

Dogs havent tried it yet but the ingredients read well. Looks and smells a lot like Eagle Pack.

We got a free box of Rotations to try out. Our dogs are fed VAN but I like to keep a good dry food aside for emergencys like travel, or meat that hasnt defrosted etc.

Dogs havent tried it yet but the ingredients read well. Looks and smells a lot like Eagle Pack.

I heard about it at the show as well, and price wise , their doing a special at 2 boxes for $60, that's 22kgs and she's trying to keep that special in, if it goes up I'll think again. I'm asking cause I don't know, not being offensive, how does that stack up with the other foods?

Kissindra that food looks pretty average to me, the ingredients in Rotations are far superior.

Ingredients: Wholegrain cereals and cereal by products, Meat and Meat by-products (derived from

lamb and poultry), Tallow (derived from poultry and/or beef), Natural Flavour, Dried distillers

grain, Whole linseed, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Essential vitamins and minerals and Antioxidants.

thanks for that, I hadn't looked into it yet :rolleyes:

My lot get Black Hawk Holisitic, I pay $75 for a 20kg bag (I buy 2 at a time) and it;s locally made, top quality kibble and when I get a new batch, you can smell the freshness when you open the bag. As long as I can get a locally made, first class product that my dogs love, I won't be touching any imports.

Edited by GayleK

My lot get Black Hawk Holisitic, I pay $75 for a 20kg bag (I buy 2 at a time) and it;s locally made, top quality kibble and when I get a new batch, you can smell the freshness when you open the bag. As long as I can get a locally made, first class product that my dogs love, I won't be touching any imports.

Thanks for your answers guys, it's helped a lot. I'm going to give it a go, until it comes off the special at least. Hehehe