Securing A Dog In The Back Of A Wagon (advice)

auir

Hi All

Going to get a wagon in the next couple of weeks (Mazda 6 Wagon). Currently we have our BC secured in a harness in the front seat of the car. However we would like to move him to the wagon for more space for him and us.

Anyone got any advice on how to secure him?

I saw this (picture attached) on the web but its from the UK, does anyone in Aus do similar?

Or do we just put him in his current harness and clip the harness via a lead to one of the mounting points in the boot??

Cheers

PS i know the pic of the car is a Mazda 5 and not a 6 Wagon after the same concept (maybe??)

post-29266-1300858782_thumb.jpg

Edited by auir

I have a cargo barrier installed in our Commodore Wagon. The barrier has a flap iin the middle above the back seats

My dogs just have bedding on the mat of the wagon and free range in there, they are quite good at lying down once we start moving.

I have crated them in the past in the wagon, but this worries me as if im rear ended and they are in there, how am I going to get them out?

I would go against strapping the harness in, due to sun, I find generally the sun glares in one side (even thought I do have tinting) and the dogs will move to the opposite side to get away from it.