Fun Bracco Breed Descriptioon For Pf And Her Friend With 4 Boys!

Monah

:hug: My dream breed...well, along with spinone and vizsla... :thumbsup:

From the club web pages..

JUST FOR FUN

BBQ - 14 August 2010 News Archives The "Alternative" Bracco Breed Standard

by Dr Ros Roden

GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Bracco Italiano is a hunting dog of Ancient Italian Origin. He came over to the UK in 1988 on a Thomson Square Deal holiday - and decided to stay! He's characterised by his ability to melt your heart with a gaze whilst simultaneously removing anything edible from your pocket. In general he's more suited to a working environment - but he's also quite partial to the sofa!

HEAD: Noble, dignified expression. Certainly far too good for anything that's going on around him! Head planes must diverge, although nobody seems to know quite where!

EARS: Should be long enough to dangle in his dinner and water!

MOUTH: Large enough to carry game and a sandwich at the same time!

NOSE: Must be prominent with large nostrils - to enable him to drink and blow water all over the kitchen floor simultaneously!

BODY: Well built and muscular - to enable him to get through any door which is mistakenly (of course!) closed against him!

HINDQUARTERS: Females: Should be slightly "saucy". Tuck up should be frowned upon as opposed to "Tuck in" which Bracchi are exceptionally good at!

FEET: Very large; certainly large enough to attract your attention when placed on your foot!

TAIL: Medium length, but long enough to swipe any low lying expensive ornaments off occasional furniture!

COAT COLOUR: Depends on where he/she's been in the last 24 hours! (see Ellie right!)

GAIT/MOVEMENT: Long loping extended trot - nearly always in the opposite direction to the one you're going in! Has an amazing ability to change direction suddenly - defying any attempts to get him back on the lead!

SIZE: Small enough (in his eyes!) to fit on your lap! - but large enough to deter other dogs without actually getting involved in any unpleasant "argy bargy".

MALES: Should have two normal testicles fully descended, enjoy watching sports, going to the pub with their (male!) owners and lolling around the house looking really bored!!! (see Nico - left above)

FEMALES: Should have a cheeky expression and expensive Italian tastes. (See Ruby on right - modelling this season's Prada!)

FAULTS: Any departure from the foregoing should not be considered a fault, it's entirely understandable and will certainly not stop you loving your Bracco!!! Take it from those who know!!!!!!!!!!!

back to top or back to topic list

Edited by Monah

NOSE: Must be prominent with large nostrils - to enable him to drink and blow water all over the kitchen floor simultaneously!

Love it Monah, and poodlefan is already well experienced with the above by two of my "4 boys" :birthday:

FHRP :D you need a few bracco!!!!! :laugh::scold: i'll babysit :mad

The description fits the spin too! as you would know. :D

I think FHRP needs one to add to her set of Utility Gundogs. I'm used to water bowl tsunamis when they come to visit. :nahnah:

And I'm baby sitting. :laugh:

Edited by poodlefan