How Do I Get Rid Of A Mouse Outside

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh believe me, when my Australian Shepherd is given a mouse or two in a box to kill, there's no fighting involved. One crunch is all it takes and that mousie is kibble.

Pity I can't encourage the two spoiled rotten cats here that mice are better than Royal Canin.

Oh believe me, when my Australian Shepherd is given a mouse or two in a box to kill, there's no fighting involved. One crunch is all it takes and that mousie is kibble.

Pity I can't encourage the two spoiled rotten cats here that mice are better than Royal Canin.

You've obviously never heard of the "fight or flight" response. Putting the animal in a very small enclosure, only for you to give it to your dogs is exceedingly cruel and your dog may possibly get bitten. Tell me how you're different from the people who buy mice from the pet store and throw them to their cats? As I said, it's a bloodsport.

they are rodents & spread filth & disease, there is no reason to be humane to a disease carrying pest

i catch them in the wire cages & drown them in a bucket, when i was young & down on the farm my brother & cousins used to catch them & tie their tails together and watch them try to run away by pulling the other's tails off,

rodents have no place in our homes, farms, chicken/animal pens, they should not be treated with kit gloves

You've obviously never heard of the "fight or flight" response. Putting the animal in a very small enclosure, only for you to give it to your dogs is exceedingly cruel and your dog may possibly get bitten. Tell me how you're different from the people who buy mice from the pet store and throw them to their cats? As I said, it's a bloodsport.

It's quick and clean and there's no blood.

Oh, and the "spit" is reserved for foxes, I hate them with a passion that far exceeds my hatred of filthy disgusting mice, and I'd happily tear a fox from limb to limb if I ever caught one in with my chooks.

they are rodents & spread filth & disease, there is no reason to be humane to a disease carrying pest

i catch them in the wire cages & drown them in a bucket, when i was young & down on the farm my brother & cousins used to catch them & tie their tails together and watch them try to run away by pulling the other's tails off,

rodents have no place in our homes, farms, chicken/animal pens, they should not be treated with kit gloves

Yes there is - it's called respecting life in general and not being an a-hole to other animals. Hmm, they also feel pain/fear - that's a good enough reason as any to be humane. Humans also spread filth and disease, what a moot point, that doesn't mean we should treat each other inhumanely. Every animal should be treated humanely, it's not their fault that they're just trying to survive. There's zero excuse for cruelty to them.

Wow - your brother and cousins sounded like they needed a backsided slap to the head. Why the hell would they torment a defenceless animal like that? Disgusting, typical redneck behaviour. Didn't your parents teach them a bit of decency and respect? In fact, why did you even bother mentioning this? It sounds like you condone such cruel behaviour, and using "oh but they carry disease and they're a pest" excuse. Well, you're the pest mate.

Yes there is - it's called respecting life in general and not being an a-hole to other animals. Hmm, they also feel pain/fear - that's a good enough reason as any to be humane. Humans also spread filth and disease, what a moot point, that doesn't mean we should treat each other inhumanely. Every animal should be treated humanely, it's not their fault that they're just trying to survive. There's zero excuse for cruelty to them.

Wow - your brother and cousins sounded like they needed a backsided slap to the head. Why the hell would they torment a defenceless animal like that? Disgusting, typical redneck behaviour. Didn't your parents teach them a bit of decency and respect? In fact, why did you even bother mentioning this? It sounds like you condone such cruel behaviour, and using "oh but they carry disease and they're a pest" excuse. Well, you're the pest mate.

they are disease ridden pest, they have no place in out society, just like rapist, pedophiles & murderers who should be executed also, ALL pests/filth that are worth nothing to anyone, the more of the above that we can bait & remove from this earth the better place it would be.

they are not animals they are rodents & discusting, too many do gooders in this world make it hard for others to rid the world of pest & filth

and yes i am all for killing the rodents - in what ever way you can

they are disease ridden pest, they have no place in out society, just like rapist, pedophiles & murderers who should be executed also, ALL pests/filth that are worth nothing to anyone, the more of the above that we can bait & remove from this earth the better place it would be.

Just like animal abusers have no place in our society?

Tying rats tails together and watching them hurting each other while trying to escape is abuse by any standard.

they are not animals they are rodents & discusting, too many do gooders in this world make it hard for others to rid the world of pest & filth

I think you might need a basic biology lesson. Rodents are most certainly animals.

Just like animal abusers have no place in our society?

Tying rats tails together and watching them hurting each other while trying to escape is abuse by any standard.

I think you might need a basic biology lesson. Rodents are most certainly animals.

i never said i tied their tails together!!!!

i don't need a biology lesson

Actually, rodents are very important to the food chain. They are a staple diet to many animals, for which without, would be catastrophic. They are also used in medical research - it is a no-brainer to say how important mice are here. In addition, some people keep them as pets. Comparing an animal that has no ill-intent and no malice to you, to someone like a pedophile or rapist is moronic. Unlike that group of humans, these animals mean no harm.

And another ridiculous comment - they're not animals? What are they, then? Plants? A type of rock? Rodents are part of the Class Mammalia, that are part of the Kingdom Animalia. Maybe you should pick up a book and read rather than spurt our ignorant, uneducated rubbish. Nothing you have said justifies being cruel/inhumane to these animals... "in what ever way you can", what is that supposed to mean? Does that mean it's OK that someone can, say, douse one in petrol and set it alight?

It is no surprise the people who typically condone the abuse of animals or do it themselves are usually uneducated and/or stupid. Thanks for clarifying that!

Yet you mentioned it as if something like that should be accepted/as a matter of fact. And yes, you do need a biology lesson... in fact, you need to finish primary school. Rodents are mammals are animals. Even my 5 year old niece knows this! I think you're trying to pass them off as not being animals as a reason to be cruel to them, that's my interpretation from your comments here.

Edited by GavinM

The person needs more than a biology lesson if a five year old child knows that a mouse is actually an animal. Good lord, is jazzy4 a product of home-schooling or a failing education system? Scary thought.

Actually, rodents are very important to the food chain. They are a staple diet to many animals, for which without, would be catastrophic. They are also used in medical research - it is a no-brainer to say how important mice are here. In addition, some people keep them as pets. Comparing an animal that has no ill-intent and no malice to you, to someone like a pedophile or rapist is moronic. Unlike that group of humans, these animals mean no harm.

And another ridiculous comment - they're not animals? What are they, then? Plants? A type of rock? Rodents are part of the Class Mammalia, that are part of the Kingdom Animalia. Maybe you should pick up a book and read rather than spurt our ignorant, uneducated rubbish. Nothing you have said justifies being cruel/inhumane to these animals... "in what ever way you can", what is that supposed to mean? Does that mean it's OK that someone can, say, douse one in petrol and set it alight?

It is no surprise the people who typically condone the abuse of animals or do it themselves are usually uneducated and/or stupid. Thanks for clarifying that!

Yet you mentioned it as if something like that should be accepted/as a matter of fact. And yes, you do need a biology lesson... in fact, you need to finish primary school. Rodents are mammals are animals. Even my 5 year old niece knows this! I think you're trying to pass them off as not being animals as a reason to be cruel to them, that's my interpretation from your comments here.

i will continue to rid my house of these pest, same goes for snakes,

what it comes down to is - it is MY house & MY yard, these pest come into my yard & house THEY will be killed,

pest/rodent lovers can continue to live in complete filth & disease if they so please & when they contract diseases from said filth then they can stay far far away from us, you only have to look at the 3rd world countries that are over run with mice & rats to see how much disease is there

what it comes down to is - it is MY house & MY yard, these pest come into my yard & house THEY will be killed,

You are well within your rights to rid your house and yard of mice, it is a sensible thing to do. If you do so in an abusive way, you are no longer within your rights, and can be prosecuted for animal cruelty.

pest/rodent lovers can continue to live in complete filth & disease if they so please & when they contract diseases from said filth then they can stay far far away from us, you only have to look at the 3rd world countries that are over run with mice & rats to see how much disease is there

But you still need to follow relevant laws when dealing with them (ie. it's illegal to torture them to death). I don't care if it's your house or yard, that gives you no reason to painfully kill something that was just at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

Yes, because saying it's wrong to torture animals to death, or question the morality of killing, means that I am OK with letting them run havoc in my house. Yes, makes perfect sense that. :)

Third world countries have these problems because of lack of sanitation/hygiene/education in this matter, not because mice may or may not inherently have more disease than other wild animals. When people have no functioning toilets, leave rubbish everywhere and poop in the streets... well, of course you're going to have problems with disease... but nooo it's all the mouse's fault! Don't blame the animal, blame the humans that cause them to flourish in the first place.

they are not animals they are rodents

:) Mice are animals, with a reasonable level of intelligence . pet mice can be trained to do quite a lot of interesting behaviours , and can make delightful pets.

That said - the house mouse is not a good thing to have around ..and KILLING them quickly and cleanly is the best option... killing them in a way which respects that they ,too, are alive, and ,like us, warm blooded, capable of fear and of feeling pain.

I will kill mice , for sure, but with a suitable strong snap trap where possible.I hate seeing them suffer in the cage 'humane' traps ... I gave up using those after I drowned a couple of lots ...not nice.

I shoot feral cats and foxes,and rabbits, too :one well placed shot- instant death . That is the way it should be . ANY animal deserves some respect, and as little pain and fear as possible at the time of its dying.

(and yes, I have cats as pets, and have had house trained/sleep-in-my-bed rabbits as pets in the house as well ...rodents that they are :)