Litters Due In June 2011

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, we are all doing so much better now, I even got to sleep for a while in my bed last night!

Congratulations Rebanne, those blue ones are rather dazzling aren't they, but the others are also beautiful. :D Poor Fern she does look rather exhausted, i imagion you are also.

Amen to to sleeping in your own bed. ;) I am too, no more listening to Lele Snoring her head off all night. :sleep: Still get up every few hours but more so due to the fact she ate too many pacentas and got the runs on. :vomit:

Our puppies are gaining loads of weight, fatso Red girl hit the 300grms marking today with her brothers following closely behind. And as for my baby girl well she is 194grms, birth weight was 166gms so she is gaining gradually but steadily. :thumbsup:

Edited by Cavalblaze

Fern didn't bother with the cords or placentas with the 3 natural born, that was my job :laugh: Fern's smallest bubba was 360 grams and she had 5 between 550 and 600 gms. :D I was amazed she had so many big ones.

Wow, some big pups there Rebanne, especially when she had so many. What would the average birth weight be for greyhounds?

I'm not sure piper, show bred are generally bigger than race bred so not much guidance there. Fern did a good job :thumbsup:

Wow, some big pups there Rebanne, especially when she had so many. What would the average birth weight be for greyhounds?

I'm not sure piper, show bred are generally bigger than race bred so not much guidance there. Fern did a good job :thumbsup:

She certainly did! I hope it goes well, I know how hard you work with 9 but I also know how much fun it is. I love getting home and sitting down to puppies everywhere :)

:thumbsup:

Deerhound litter due 18 June.

Confirmed by ultrasound at least 8 Deerhound puppies! This is my first Deerhound litter usually have Ridgebacks. At least won't have to worry about dermoid sinus and faulty ridgies!

Well 13 puppies arrived right on cue,considerately in the middle of the day, 7 males and 6 females (1 stillborn). Blume did a fantastic job considering it was her first litter. All are doing well and eyes almost open.

post-12877-0-43803100-1309229156_thumb.jpg

Confirmed by ultrasound at least 8 Deerhound puppies! This is my first Deerhound litter usually have Ridgebacks. At least won't have to worry about dermoid sinus and faulty ridgies!

Well 13 puppies arrived right on cue,considerately in the middle of the day, 7 males and 6 females (1 stillborn). Blume did a fantastic job considering it was her first litter. All are doing well and eyes almost open.

I assume on the 18th. Was the stillborn boy or girl and was 13 all up or 14.??

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Congratulations Deserthunter. I bet you've been busy with that many. :eek:

Puppies were three weeks old yesterday so I'm adding a couple of more pics. Have started to keep Penny away from them at night as she keeps waking them and me up. When they do wake up I bring her in for a top up.

They have started to use the paper to toilet on as well.

Aww they're so cute! Are they moving around much yet?

I woke up to puppy squeals this morning. They tend to squeal when Mango gives them a clean. Such a sweet little noise to wake up to :laugh:

They're getting around quick now, as soon as Penny gets in the box it's like a herd of elephants. :rofl:

They bark and growl now, it's cute, but not at 3 in the morning.

:laugh: :laugh: I remember that so well - that herd of puppies galloping across the whelping box!

Puppies were three weeks old yesterday so I'm adding a couple of more pics. Have started to keep Penny away from them at night as she keeps waking them and me up. When they do wake up I bring her in for a top up.

They have started to use the paper to toilet on as well.

Aww they're so cute! Are they moving around much yet?

I woke up to puppy squeals this morning. They tend to squeal when Mango gives them a clean. Such a sweet little noise to wake up to :laugh:

They're getting around quick now, as soon as Penny gets in the box it's like a herd of elephants. :rofl:

They bark and growl now, it's cute, but not at 3 in the morning.

:laugh: :laugh: I remember that so well - that herd of puppies galloping across the whelping box!

Two of the boys got out this morning and then couldn't get back in. Time for the side to go back in. All of them had baths last night, we had a real production line going.

congratulations! wonderful effort by Blume