The Ve Holden Wagon And Dogs

Heidii

I have a vy Holden Berlina, 4 dogs ( med sized) in the back no problems, when searching for my car ungrading from my old wagon, I was going to go something different but found the back of the wagons to be the roomiest! Ford wagon are possibly slightly bigger but we are Holden people!

I have a VE and with the back seat down I fit 2 greys, a whippet and shepherd with no problems. I have a barrier between the cargo area and seats which is easily moved either behind the front seats or in the back behind passengers seats. The 2 greys fit fine just in the cargo area

I have a VE and with the back seat down I fit 2 greys, a whippet and shepherd with no problems. I have a barrier between the cargo area and seats which is easily moved either behind the front seats or in the back behind passengers seats. The 2 greys fit fine just in the cargo area

so in the cargo area you have barriers to separate your two greys?

so in the cargo area you have barriers to separate your two greys?

No its just one area

I have a vy Holden Berlina, 4 dogs ( med sized) in the back no problems, when searching for my car ungrading from my old wagon, I was going to go something different but found the back of the wagons to be the roomiest! Ford wagon are possibly slightly bigger but we are Holden people!

yes the VY is fine, aswell as the VZ which i already have, the VE is smaller though... more like a euro wagon and ford dont go there, LOL!

yes the VY is fine, aswell as the VZ which i already have, the VE is smaller though... more like a euro wagon and ford dont go there, LOL!

I'm looking at getting a Commodore wagon and am leaning towards the VY or VZ rather than a VE for the room in the back :laugh:

we bought a 2010 ve sportwagon 6 months ago, it can comfortably fit 2 oesd in full coat in the back section.....we don't the barrier up because they wear doggy seatbelts anchored to the floor, also good to know it has curtain airbags in the boot section....sorry don't have any pics for you to see

Edited by littlebear

we bought a 2010 ve sportwagon 6 months ago, it can comfortably fit 2 oesd in full coat in the back section.....we don't the barrier up because they wear doggy seatbelts anchored to the floor, also good to know it has curtain airbags in the boot section....sorry don't have any pics for you to see

OOOoooo airbags in the wagon/boot?!?! thats awesome!!! What badge do you have? Omega, International, SV6 etc ??

OOOoooo airbags in the wagon/boot?!?! thats awesome!!! What badge do you have? Omega, International, SV6 etc ??

OH says if you get the sv6 with a sportpack it would bethe same as what we have..... ours doesn't have any actual badges on the car

here are a couple of pics but none with the puppers

ba417088.jpg

11b9a789.jpg

• 1 year later...

Has anyone successfully put a crate in the rear of this vehicle without having to fold the back seats down ??

I tried putting a 36" wire crate in it today... It fits... Kind of but not really. I am now looking at getting something that will fit easy and be cost effective... A 30" wire crate would be too small.... :\

I'm looking at getting a Commodore wagon and am leaning towards the VY or VZ rather than a VE for the room in the back :laugh:

Yep, the VE has about half the room of the VY and VZ. Not as long and the roof slopes down a lot more. I have a VY because it easily fits two 36" crates in the back with the seat up. I doubt you would get one in a VE.

Yep, the VE has about half the room of the VY and VZ. Not as long and the roof slopes down a lot more. I have a VY because it easily fits two 36" crates in the back with the seat up. I doubt you would get one in a VE.

They fit, just a tight squeeze.... I am hoping the one I tried at a shop last week was the bigger of the 36" crates I have seen.

I just got one from ebay that was a few cms smaller then others on ebay.

I have a 2008 sportswagon (think it's a VE as it seems to have less room in the boot but no idea lol) and can easily fit my Vizsla and our Kelpie x BC in the back. They're anchored in and in harnesses and when going long distances like we have this week their extra large bed also goes in the back too. I can take a pic with both boys in it tomorrow if you want? I want to get puppybars or similar in mine but OH won't let me :(

Edited by Bundyburger

I have a 2008 sportswagon (think it's a VE as it seems to have less room in the boot but no idea lol) and can easily fit my Vizsla and our Kelpie x BC in the back. They're anchored in and in harnesses and when going long distances like we have this week their extra large bed also goes in the back too. I can take a pic with both boys in it tomorrow if you want? I want to get puppybars or similar in mine but OH won't let me :(

Yeah sounds like a VE if it is a 2008 sportswagon.

Where do you anchor them to ? the lugs in the boot or the seatbelt in the rear seat ?

I can't trust my girl so I need to use a crate. I have a cheap 36"| wire crate which is okay for the time being but would love to find someone that has made a custom fit one for the boot.