Does It Get Any Easier?

bstone7

I lost my best friend Jasper almost five weeks ago now.

I still cry every day and it almost seems better and then it starts again.

We have decided to get a new puppy who is beautiful and I think he has helped but it is still very sad.

Some days are harder than others (today is a hard one) but I thought it would be better by now.

Bren

I lost Riley on the 30th June 2004 at 13 months of Cardio Myopothy

Abbey on the 13th July 2004 at nearly 14 years her time had come

Ike today 16th February 5years and 1 month due to complications of brain damage. I still remember the day I lost Nelson a boxer at 6 years in 1991, with cancer I have photos of my babies in rememberance no it does not get easier but a puppy helps with the healing process. And you never forget them I still remember their birthdays.

Hi bstone7

I lost 2 of my cats, both 18 years old just before xmas. I was absolutely in love with these little girls. Bindi was diagnosed with stomach cancer in August and after thousands of dollars worth of chemo (which I don't regret paying) the cancer spread to her brain. I have been overwhelmed with a broken heart ever since she died. She was so special that our vet got really attached to her. He took her home for the weekend just before she died so that we could have a break. We slept on the floor with her so that we could wake up every 4 hours to give her her medication.She wasn't sick, but she was thin. we used to take her to see Russell the vet every day for 2 months. We all got excited because her cell count was good and she was eating well and on her way back, then all of a sudden she went down hill really fast and within 4 days the cancer had spread so quick that we had no choice but to let her go to be an angel. Shelly was our little persian. she hurt her back 5 years ago jumping out of the cupboard. slowly her back and legs just gave out. We should have done the right thing for her months ago but I knew that I would fall apart (selfishly)

When Russell came out to our house to put bin to sleep, he sent both of them to be angels together.

It was so hard for all of us. MY husband , myself and Russell the vet all cried. He said that it was one of the hardest things that he has ever had to do.

He sent us a beautiful card to say thankyou for giving him the chance to meet Bindi and that she is one patient that will be in his memories forever.

He still rings once a month to see how we are going. I have a hard time talking to him because I cry so much. Then he feels bad and it upsets him because he feels like he has upset me. It's awful.

I have had such a hard time trying to deal with it, so your not alone in grief. I try and think about all the good things that they bought to my life, but end up just missing them so much that I end up blubbering again.

I am usually a strong willed person, but when it comes to my animals I am as week as !!!!

I hope that your heart starts to heal soon because I know how horrible the grief over the loss of your pet is.

I have to say though, it makes me feel alot better to get on here with people that are all like me and pour my heart out. The people on here are really kind and supportive. They always have a comforting word for you when you really need it.

I really do hope you feel better soon. :noidea:

Kim

i lost Jim five weeks ago. He wasn't two yet (1 year and 10 months)> i had the same question: will it get better? Right now, I can't believe it. Just the thought of him brings tears in my eyes. We have a wonderful new puppy, really clean and smart and who would do anything to please us. Yet, i want Jim back.

I read stuff 'bout rainbow bridge, I try convincing myself we'll be reunited some day. But i don't have the patience. I want him here, with me, waking me up in the morning, sharing my morning yogurt, going for long walks.

I too wait for the time when it will get better.

Big hugs for all of you,

A.

I lost one of my girls about 5 weeks ago too, not a day goes by when I dont think about her but i think everyday does get easier but we dont seem to notice. No one knows how you could feel other than people who love their dogs a much as you do.

Keep your chin up, even though its hard, just remember your lost one will always be in your heart.

Bren

It is hard, our family said goodbye to Chief 01 06 04 & I still cry when I think of him sometimes it is as if he is still here I can sense his presence but I know its only a presence & I know heis waiting for us to join him at the bridge. Following is a poem a friend of mine gave to me when I lost him I hope you can take comfort from it:\

Good Bye Poem

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying, you found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear.

"Its me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here"

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea.

You were thinking of the many times your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, your arms were getting sore.

I want to take your parcels, I wished I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, you tend it with such care.

I want to reassure you that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house as you fumbled for the key,

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me".

You looked so very tired and then you sank into a chair,

I tried so hard to let you know that I was standing there.

Its possible for me to be so near you everyday,

to say to you with certainty "I never went away".

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew

That in the stillness of that evening I was very close to you.

The day is over.... I smile and watch you yawning

and say, " Good Night, Sweet Dreams, God Bless,

I'll see you in the morning".

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide

I'll rush to greet you and well stand together side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there's much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out; then come home and be with me.

Jacqui

The sixth anniversary of the death of my JRT was a couple of weeks ago and i shed a few tears on that day. To be honest it was the first time i'd felt sad about her in years, usually i remember the funny or naughty things she did and have a giggle.

It was the saddest day of my life when she died and took me a long time to get over. Slowly you find yourself thinking about it less and less and you'll soon refocus your thoughts on your new friend.

I really feel for you :eek:

It has been almost seven weeks now. I hate to admit it, but Denzel, our new dog, has really helped.

I have only cried about three times this week. And he comes up to see what is wrong and it does make me feel better :thumbsup:

He is so beautiful and really worried when I get upset that I have to make him feel better, and this makes me forget to be so sad.

I am really glad now that I did go ahead and get him because I wasn't too sure at first.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. And the poem above is beautiful.

Love Bren

• 4 weeks later...

I am so glad you got Denzel and he has made it easier. Give Denzel hugs and kisses for he is probably an old soul who has been waiting for the right person to go home too.

best wishes to you and Denzel.

• 9 months later...

Hi all

It has been one year today :)

We still miss Jasper very much, and we still cry every now and then, but overall it is getting much easier.

Thank you to everyone with your kind words when I lost him. As much as it seems like a long time, it kind of feels like he never left!

And yes it does get easier. I can think of the good things now, not just the sadness.

Edited by bstone7