Feeding A Labrador Puppy?

She will be 9 weeks old when we get her shortly, so making sure everything is just right. I've never had a lab puppy before and it's been a long time since I had a puppy at all!

Vet's told me to feed Royal Canin or Advance biscuits and the breeder is feeding biscuits with pet mince or tins of fish every 2 or 3 days. I don't want to over feed or under feed her.....

Help!!......How much do I feed?

Initally i would go with the breeders recommendations. you don't want to suddenly change her diet as she may get an upset tummy. If you want to change the diet later, you can. The breeders diet sounds reasonable to me- what biscuits does she use?

My labrador puppy was on 3/4 of a cup of dry advance puppy biscuits when she was 8 weeks.

Talk to the breeder,they will give you a diet chart & will explain what they feed & why & the reason it works.

If you ask everyone for advice you will end up very confused for what is a very simple process.

Ask the breeder for a copy of there diet sheet now so you can get the right stuff in & if you have any questions you can be ready for questions prior too or on collection

I think it was Purina Bonnie or something like that?

Thanks Aussielover, that is most helpful. :thumbsup: Did you feed your puppy anything else?

No, nothing else for her main diet. We gave her a quarter of a pigs ears to chew on occasionally. She was a gudie dog puppy and we had to be quite strict about sticking to her diet that they provided.

She gets a more varied diet now though.

Enjoy your puppy- lab puppies are the cutest!

Very true Showdog! I was of half a mind to ask the question here after reading some other threads, I started off with the idea of what to do and then got very muddled up. :thumbsup:

Ausslielover, I've had very 'stern' instructions from my vet (who is a friend) not to let her get fat at all....so now I am paranoid about over feeding!!

We cant' wait till she arrives...:laugh:

I was worried about feeding my Golden correctly, Ive never had a large breed before, just feed what the breeder recommends, when you notice that she is looking a bit too lean then up the food intake a bit, but yes dont let her get fat, roly poly puppies are very cute, but its not healthy for them