What Do You Give You Puppy Buyers?

Tapua

Hi All

I am just curious, I have a litter 6, I am keeping 1 and the rest are spoken for I am just getting together the stuff for my puppy buyers organised and I was wondering what you give your puppy buyers ie:bought or free-bees. As well as the obligatory paperwork they were emailed photos of the litter (saves on print!) each week, emailed info on diet and nutrition which they will also get in hard copy when they get the pups. Info and websites on crates, toilet training, dangerous/poisonous plants, indestructable toys, leads and collars - which they will get a list of in hard copy. Plus they will get feed samples of the dry feed (Nutro), Shampoo samples from Fido, a toy for each pup. They also get 6 weeks free pet insurance. Can anyone think of anything else I should add? Emails and free samples cost me nothing - the toys were $4 each onsale so I am not out of pocket IMO. :thumbsup:

I always include an all in one puppy lead with an adjustable collar section, like I have been lead traing them on and make sure the puppy is wearing it when they leave. Toy breed show leads are great for this. Most buyers don't come with a crate to transport the puppy and the risk of a wriggling puppy jumping out of a car as soon as the door is opened is very real. Having a lead on makes it much safer so they have hold of the lead when they are ready to open the car door and they don't lose the puppy on day one.

Edited by dancinbcs

My pups are sold with thhe following

puppy pack from Eagle Pack

blanket

toys

treats

collar (on the pup)

info folder with a few pics of pup and siblings, pics of parents plus parents health tests, obedience schools and vets in the owners area, info on the breed, general care, feed guide etc

Cd containing pics of pup since birth

6 weeks pet insurance

worming and flea treatment to cover the next 3 months

most new owners are excited about getting their pups and have already bought things like leads, toys, bedding etc so I don't go overboard on these items

Leanne

I cut up a spare piece of vet bed that I had and gave a good size piece to each of the new puppy owners to take with them so that puppy had something that smelt like home to sleep on for their first few nights, along with all the rest of the items already mentioned here.

My pups are sold with thhe following

puppy pack from Eagle Pack

blanket

toys

treats

collar (on the pup)

info folder with a few pics of pup and siblings, pics of parents plus parents health tests, obedience schools and vets in the owners area, info on the breed, general care, feed guide etc

Cd containing pics of pup since birth

6 weeks pet insurance

worming and flea treatment to cover the next 3 months

most new owners are excited about getting their pups and have already bought things like leads, toys, bedding etc so I don't go overboard on these items

Leanne

Wow Leanne I want one of your pups just for the gear :) I'll add a blanket I think with the smell of the family on it and I'll look into an ajustable collar.

My first and only litter at this stage got:

*The puppy :)

*A vet certificate of health

*Vaccination certificate

*Microchipping paperwork

*About 35 pages of information sheets (that I had written) about puppy care

*PetPlan insurance

*ANKC pedigree

*Membership to breed club

*A CD with photos of the litter (from birth onwards)

*A toy that had been with the litter

*A blanket that had been with the litter

*Advance puppy pack

All paperwork was included in a folder. I printed out a "Congratulations on your new puppy" page on the front, with their puppy's birth time, weight, etc, and a photo of their puppy a few hours after birth.

None of my puppies went locally, but if they did, I would have supplies a crate. They're, like, $20 for a cheap shop, and all the puppies were used to sleeping in a crate before they left. However, they're unsuitable for flying, so I could send them.

they get...

Papers

copies of parents champion status (although if they see the original i wont give copies)

a breed information handout i made

bed

blanket

food and water bowl (not a cheap plastic, i get funky nice ones)

toys

food (usually a bag of food)

bottle of water they are used too (to help ease any huge upsets if they are going to a diff town)

lead

grooming kit

pet insurance for 6 weeks

usually a knitted jersey for when they are puppies and go through the uglies

photos and info from birth

books that i lend them on the breed

bag of treats

worming and flea stuff for next couple of months.

anything else i can think of

If they dont want what i have brought, i either take it back or they ae welcome to give it away to any independant rescuers, i usually prefer this and will find someone in thier town that they can donate the stuff too.

Edited by PomsNZ

My puppies go with-

*ANKC papers

*Information booklet that I have made up myself about the breed, which includes breed standard, History, grooming, excercise & training ect.. I also have several pages on caring for puppies like settling them in, puppy proofing the home ect..

*A page congratulating them on their new puppy that has the puppies date &time of birth, weight at birth & weight now,registered name of puppy & Dam & sires registered names.

*A typed up feeding chart with instructions..that also includes the foods that should not be fed to puppies & dogs.

*The puppies worming history & schedule...I also include 2 months supply of Advocate with instructions.

*Vaccination certificate

*Advance Puppy pack

*A couple of new toys

*A toy with litter scent on it

*Some training treats

*A puppy blanket

*A rogz pupz collar & lead

* A puppy care & training book

* Some photos of the puppy growing up, photos of the whole litter & photos of the Dam & Sire.

All of this goes into a Personalised Terraozzi Australian terrier tote bag. :laugh:

forgot to add my puppies also go with a contract of sale that must be signed by the purchaser & myself.

Edited by Baileys mum