Science Diet Prescription Food

Is anyone else having this problem buying science diet zd ultra dog food , this is the only food that my boy can have and i've had such a problem getting it , the vet suggested buying royal canin prescipt, but this doesnt agree with him and made him vomit

I haven't been on here a while due to moving , so apologies if anyone else has put the same topic on :)

Daccydog

Z/d is still out unfortunately.

Which RC did you try? Hypoallergenic, Sensitivity Control, or Skin Support? They are all suitable for dogs with allergies and all have slightly different ingredients.

Otherwise if it's for a small dog, maybe roo, sweet potato and a vitamin supplement will see you through until it comes back.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

Z/d is still out unfortunately.

Which RC did you try? Hypoallergenic, Sensitivity Control, or Skin Support? They are all suitable for dogs with allergies and all have slightly different ingredients.

Otherwise if it's for a small dog, maybe roo, sweet potato and a vitamin supplement will see you through until it comes back.

Hi SnT

I purchased royal canin hypoallergenic, the vet assured me that it would be ok , unfortunately it wasn't to be , poor little man

I ended up buying RC mini and a tin of ZD food to mix in , so far he's been ok so fingers crossed till ZD comes back on to the shelf

DD

My vet is totally out - they were supposed to call regarding royal canin- bit iffy, as the duck apparently also has a bit of fish which is on Kate's no list. And it needs to be specially ordered in.

Kate also can't have roo, but maybe if I cook up sweet potatoe, egg and cheese - for a short while?? Carrots as treats, bits of apple, hopefully balanced enough until the supply of Z/d evens out.

Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

ChristineX

Once the issues are fixed with AQIS, it will be no longer problematic. But they can't tell us how long, or, rather they can tell us when a container load is being 'released' but the reps aren't privy to what those containers have in them.

ChristineX - may be worth looking at Advance Turkey and Rice. Not a prescription diet but worth exploring.

Hills Science Diet Sensitive Skin still seems to be in supply also- we have no trouble getting that.

Once the issues are fixed with AQIS, it will be no longer problematic. But they can't tell us how long, or, rather they can tell us when a container load is being 'released' but the reps aren't privy to what those containers have in them.

ChristineX - may be worth looking at Advance Turkey and Rice. Not a prescription diet but worth exploring.

Hills Science Diet Sensitive Skin still seems to be in supply also- we have no trouble getting that.

Just to add : I purchased a bag of royal canin sensible food yesterday and i think its done the trick , no vomiting, all poo"s looking good too :laugh:

fingers xed

Daccydog

I'm going through at least 5 cans of Z/D per day at the moment, for my boy. I hope the Z/D can supply don't become problematic.

Cans aren't affected by the new AQIS requirements. My Hills rep was in last week, some lines starting to dribble through now (mainly feline and some lines of canine) and over the next few weeks but Easter will interrupt the flow of course.