Dingoes Destroyed After Fraser Attack

shortstep

Kids shouldnt be allowed on fraser full stop i dont even know why the parents even took the toddler there :cheer: dingoes are a dying species as it is and now two more are gone. I feel sorry for this child but in my opinion to a wild animal, baby creatures are seen as easy prey. Watch lions and wolves they would prefer to catch a baby animal because they are easier to catch. As horrible as that sounds and i hate to say it but its true you cant blame these dingoes because of their natural instinct.

I don't think it needs to be as far as banning toddlers/young children, my friend went over Easter Weekend and her toddler came out just fine. It comes down to the parents being responsible about their children. If you don't want to keep a constant eye on your child then don't go to Fraser Island or leave your kids at home with babysitters/family because they need to be closely and constantly supervised.

Yes, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there without any common sense who do not properly supervise their kiddies. It may be a tough restriction but if it saves lives (of both the dingo and human kind)...

Not allowing children under a certain age rules out the scenario of the young child wandering off and getting attacked. Heck, I'm pretty sure one of the islands off Cairns in FNQ (Lizard, I think?) have an age restriction and that's only for quiet enjoyment of the island, nothing to do with predators.

I would say the island in FNQ is privately owned though. I don't think Qld Government can put age restrictions on public land...

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

If their are so many carnivores on the island what do they all eat? If they are intent on trying to snack on small children would it not make sense to release unwanted rabbits or something of prey? Feeding them would create a whole new issue but releasing a food supply? A full predator is uaually a happy predator. :)

The Dingo population is not starving there are already many native prey species on the island for them.

Controlling the humans would be the answer. Sadly it is much easier to kill the Dingoes.

Once a wild animal loses its fear of humana and they interact incidents will happen, they are wild animals and should be left alone and not fed either directly or by lack of campsite security and the dumping of rubbish.

Kids shouldnt be allowed on fraser full stop i dont even know why the parents even took the toddler there :) dingoes are a dying species as it is and now two more are gone. I feel sorry for this child but in my opinion to a wild animal, baby creatures are seen as easy prey. Watch lions and wolves they would prefer to catch a baby animal because they are easier to catch. As horrible as that sounds and i hate to say it but its true you cant blame these dingoes because of their natural instinct.

I don't think it needs to be as far as banning toddlers/young children, my friend went over Easter Weekend and her toddler came out just fine. It comes down to the parents being responsible about their children. If you don't want to keep a constant eye on your child then don't go to Fraser Island or leave your kids at home with babysitters/family because they need to be closely and constantly supervised.

Yes, but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there without any common sense who do not properly supervise their kiddies. It may be a tough restriction but if it saves lives (of both the dingo and human kind)...

Not allowing children under a certain age rules out the scenario of the young child wandering off and getting attacked. Heck, I'm pretty sure one of the islands off Cairns in FNQ (Lizard, I think?) have an age restriction and that's only for quiet enjoyment of the island, nothing to do with predators.

I would say the island in FNQ is privately owned though. I don't think Qld Government can put age restrictions on public land...

You are a good parent but a lot dont have common sense like mr.mister said and i think that has been proven with kids that have been attacked by dingoes. If they can put restrictions on alcohol, smoking and dog breeds etc they should be able to do that.

Edited by Dogsrawesome

If their are so many carnivores on the island what do they all eat? If they are intent on trying to snack on small children would it not make sense to release unwanted rabbits or something of prey? Feeding them would create a whole new issue but releasing a food supply? A full predator is uaually a happy predator. :thumbsup:

As someone already said the dingoes have many natural prey foods already there and are not starving.

Introducing rabbits to what is a mostly untouched environment would reak havoc and they would destroy the island.

Kids shouldnt be allowed on fraser full stop i dont even know why the parents even took the toddler there :thumbsup: dingoes are a dying species as it is and now two more are gone. I feel sorry for this child but in my opinion to a wild animal, baby creatures are seen as easy prey. Watch lions and wolves they would prefer to catch a baby animal because they are easier to catch. As horrible as that sounds and i hate to say it but its true you cant blame these dingoes because of their natural instinct.

You are a good parent but a lot dont have common sense like mr.mister said and i think that has been proven with kids that have been attacked by dingoes. If they can put restrictions on alcohol, smoking and dog breeds etc they should be able to do that.

LOL I don't have kids (outside of the furry kind)

Your right lots don't have common sense that is why I think rangers need more power to remove people from the island if they are beong stupid or breaking the rules.

It is one things to ban products/dogs and another to stop certain people from going to a public owned place :wave: and could you imagine the stink that would be made. Many of the people who visit the island have families, for every one irresponsible parent there are 200 responsible parents on Fraser. I wonder if they were Aussies or tourists (the people whose child got bitten). Aussies seems to be pretty responsible on the island these days.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

If their are so many carnivores on the island what do they all eat? If they are intent on trying to snack on small children would it not make sense to release unwanted rabbits or something of prey? Feeding them would create a whole new issue but releasing a food supply? A full predator is uaually a happy predator. :thumbsup:

As someone already said the dingoes have many natural prey foods already there and are not starving.

Introducing rabbits to what is a mostly untouched environment would reak havoc and they would destroy the island.

Kids shouldnt be allowed on fraser full stop i dont even know why the parents even took the toddler there :thumbsup: dingoes are a dying species as it is and now two more are gone. I feel sorry for this child but in my opinion to a wild animal, baby creatures are seen as easy prey. Watch lions and wolves they would prefer to catch a baby animal because they are easier to catch. As horrible as that sounds and i hate to say it but its true you cant blame these dingoes because of their natural instinct.

LOL I don't have kids (outside of the furry kind)

Your right lots don't have common sense that is why I think rangers need more power to remove people from the island if they are beong stupid or breaking the rules.

It is one things to ban products/dogs and another to stop certain people from going to a public owned place :wave: and could you imagine the stink that would be made. Many of the people who visit the island have families, for every one irresponsible parent there are 200 responsible parents on Fraser. I wonder if they were Aussies or tourists (the people whose child got bitten). Aussies seems to be pretty responsible on the island these days.

Thats true about the tourist or aussie thing. You do see a lot of tourist get rescued on the bondi beach show, i guess you cant ban stupid people from a beach either :D