Showing Classes With New Puppy

Katie P

Hi Everyone!

I will be getting a show pup and while my Breeder is working closely with us, I would like to suppliment this with some classes once a week as well at night for practice. I have never handled a dog in the conformation ring so would like to get some confidence up! Are there any recommendations for classes close to the Upper North Shore in Sydney (Hornsby way?) I am prepared to travel 30 mins in any direction (preferably not heading towards the city through North Sydney (Chatswood etc)

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I will be getting a show pup and while my Breeder is working closely with us, I would like to suppliment this with some classes once a week as well at night for practice. I have never handled a dog in the conformation ring so would like to get some confidence up! Are there any recommendations for classes close to the Upper North Shore in Sydney (Hornsby way?) I am prepared to travel 30 mins in any direction (preferably not heading towards the city through North Sydney (Chatswood etc)

Thanks!

Castle Hill has classes on a Tuesday Night from 7.30 to 8.30 (I think) and cost is $5 per dog. Someone else might like to confirm the times for that one.

Pauline Hartwell was holding classes on Wednesday night at Castle Hill, sorry don't know the times for that or if she is still doing them. Give Pauline a ring and I'm sure she will be happy to help you out. 9634 6074 or email her at [email protected]

Thanks everyone! Will investigate! Google was not helpful. Austral is 55 minutes away and if it takes me 30 mins to get to Castle hill on a normal night......! I think I will check up on Castle Hill and see how I go. Traffic is a nightmare in peak hour at night.

Edited for errors

Edited by Katie P

Hi Katie

I cannot recommend Austral enough, I sit on the M5 for over an hour just to get there. My girl and I have learnt so much and her polished performances I believe have helped her fantastic results so far.

Really and try to get to a few lessons out there, nothing like Luci's honest way of teaching as well!

You could always book a private consult with Luci since you're often free during the middle of the day

Very true. Thanks for the thought SC! I will see if it is a night that I don't have PT clients!! If not then we can pop over before Peak hour.

• 1 month later...

We've been going to Luci's class at Austral - I can highly recommend them :thumbsup:

Luci's teaching style is no nonsense and so far we've learned heaps in the 2 classes we've been to. The learning comes from both Luci correcting you, and also watching her correct others. I certainly didn't want to be reprimanded in front of the class so you learn really quickly ;)

Ziva does get bored easily (I think it comes from being a spitz!) with a lot of the time they have to be standing/stacking - I always need plenty of treats :)