Canberra And Surrounds Dol Meet (with Furkids)

kaywoman68

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry koala i was pretty busy yesterday and only just checked. It was still pretty muddy and stinks. I die here someone say that someone is coming to drain it this week. So fingers crossed for that!

I hope they clean it up, I wasn't up to giving my two another bath yesterday :laugh: We did go to Yarralumla that afternoon but ended up leaving because the small pen was filled with daschund owners who did not want medium sized dogs in there and then the large pen had a cranky small white fluffy and then an aggro GSD :o So we went to Forde where the doggies played with a friendly yellow lab, choc lab, red heeler, two little Westies and a bulldog. A great time was had by all :laugh:

Did you see LaWanda at the dog park on Sunday? When I didn't show up, I forgot that I had told her about our regular Sunday meet-up so she had shown up!! She has several foster Kelpes.

There was a kelpie who showed up, looked a little like Hoover, It was funny because Lando went to go and greet it, thinking it was Hoover ( she's coming along in leaps and bounds, So proud of her :thumbsup: ), She backed out when she noticed it wasn't him, but the owner just went straight to the other end of the cage so not sure.

Wuffles, walks sound like a great idea, I am incredibly overweight and unfit and Lando is terrible on leash as we do everything off leash for her so it is probably exactly what we need. :rofl::rofl: I'm happy to travel to the other side of ton if needed too, I've noticed we seem to be half south siders half north siders.

There was a kelpie who showed up, looked a little like Hoover, It was funny because Lando went to go and greet it, thinking it was Hoover ( she's coming along in leaps and bounds, So proud of her :thumbsup: ), She backed out when she noticed it wasn't him, but the owner just went straight to the other end of the cage so not sure.

Wuffles, walks sound like a great idea, I am incredibly overweight and unfit and Lando is terrible on leash as we do everything off leash for her so it is probably exactly what we need. :rofl::rofl: I'm happy to travel to the other side of ton if needed too, I've noticed we seem to be half south siders half north siders.

Awe that is awesome that she went to greet (even though she backed away, at least she is making the move to say hi now)...

You should of seen her yesterday Jody, She was chasing Holly ( the B&W) Border collie around and playing with her!! It was amazing!!!

Let me know when you want to do some shy dog training with Ziggy and maybe we can meet somewhere else and do some training for him, as I said I'm happy to help. i think she was almost looking for him yesterday like " now where is that ziggy, he hasn't licked me once today". When we are at home and I say " we'll go and see Ziggy" her ears prick up and she goes straight for the door, so deep down she loves him. :)

I'm happy for my two to play with Ziggy, too. Elbie used to be quite nervous around staffy-types so I am very happy for him to have the opportunity to play with a friendly staffy. I was just thinking that we should do meet-ups at Yarralumla, Forde and Casey - all three are nice places and e.g. Casey and Forde are pretty empty on Sunday mornings and last week, Forde wasn't too crowded on Sunday afternoon, too - the dogs that were there were very friendly.

We would love to and he has been doing really well at home but I don't want it muck it up for the trainer next week...

I will see how he goes this weekend at home and all of next week and we might test him (if he has been really good) the following weekend...

We both really miss the park...

Sorry - I stuffed up movie times today - arrived an hour late by accident so they've had to reschedule our Hunger Games tickets to tomorrow morning at 10 am ... Sigh. We'll probably take the dogs to Forde in the afternoon but we will definitely be at Yarralumla next week. Sorry we won't see you guys in the morning ... Perhaps you could sound out the others about the possibility of perhaps going to other parks on Sunday morning now and then? :)

Sorry we couldn't make it yesterday. Hunger Games was great by the way :laugh:

Afer lunch we took them to Forde for a play. There were two GSDs and a staffy puppy. Here's a video :)

See you all on Sunday - it will be good to see Lando and Griff again :laugh:

We had a fantastic training session today with the trainer...

We can go to the park but only when it is us for now as she wants me to practice the techniques she gave me to get his recall back and it was great today - even with one of her dogs here distracting him...

Hopefully we will be back soon to play.

We'd been away too long and Griff's owners didn't recognise us so didn't come in. Didn't see anyone else from DOL and then while we were waiting, we had a very unpleasant encounter this morning just after we got there - no aggressive dogs, just one very aggressive owner. Soooo we're not going back to Yarralumla again. We went to Casey dog park instead and the dogs had a great time with a staffy, kelpie x, beagle, fox terrier cav cross and a Weimerarner. All dogs and owners were very friendly. It's very nice out there now with all the grass.

Edited by koalathebear

We'd been away too long and Griff's owners didn't recognise us so didn't come in. Then we ahd a very unpleasant encounter this morning just after we got there - no aggressive dogs, just one very aggressive owner. Soooo we're not going back to Yarralumla again. We went to Casey dog park instead and the dogs had a great time with a staffy, kelpie x, beagle, fox terrier cav cross and a Weimerarner. It's very nice out there now with all the grass.

Oh that is no good.. Yarralumla is such a nice park.

I took Ziggy and Pippa up to the Scar here in Queanbeyan but it's not really that nice up there...

Ziggy was doing pretty well but then a big Dobe decided to come and bark at him so they started fence running with each other, so I leashed him and bought him home... We are still working on his manners...

Glad to hear that the dogs had a nice time out at Casey...

Did Lando go to the park today?