Canberra And Surrounds Dol Meet (with Furkids)

kaywoman68

awww I can't make that time as that is when Sasha has school but have fun :-)

We get there around 10ish and stay for a couple of hours depending on the weather and the dogs... You could always bring her after training.

LOL after training she usually has playtime with the other dogs there in the offlead area but maybe during the holidays we will make one of the meets.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may be there as well, depending how I feel! We have a new car and I am feeling precious about getting it muddy, ROFL. Although I enjoy dog parks I find them a bit stressful :o

Iskiea I will let you know whether we will be going, we should be able to pick you up if so. Ri has a seatbelt, right?

Although I enjoy dog parks I find them a bit stressful :o

I was a bit anxious before we went to the Yarralumla one, too because of strange dogs. We are a bit naughty and hang out in the smaller yard which is for "old, small or light dogs".

Edited by koalathebear

Although I enjoy dog parks I find them a bit stressful :o

I was a bit anxious before we went to the Yarralumla one, too because of strange dogs. We are a bit naughty and hang out in the smaller yard which is for "old, small or light dogs".

I rarely even go to Casey anymore even though it's within walking distance :o I don't think Satch can really pass as a small dog. He is getting old though? :laugh:

Edit: I had no issue with them until about a year ago, if I only had Satch I wouldn't worry so much.

Edited by wuffles

I rarely even go to Casey anymore even though it's within walking distance :o I don't think Satch can really pass as a small dog. He is getting old though? :laugh:

Edit: I had no issue with them until about a year ago, if I only had Satch I wouldn't worry so much.

Satch's white in his muzzle will give him a pass into the small pen with our two :laugh: Don't worry, we have a critical mass of friendly dogs and also enough of us to run intervention if there are any cranky dogs around.

My last foster girl, who was a bossy stafford was there last Sunday and even she was fine...

It is a really good mix of dogs all the time...

I have no problems with Ziggy as he is submissive and if growled at, he just wals away or rolls over... Big boofer probably outweighs a lot of the dogs there but he is just there to run and have fun.

I am going to try and get a video camera before we come on Sunday...

It is supposed to rain all weekend but I think we will still go at 10 am and just deal with the washing of the muddy dog when we get home... He loves it so much, it seems almost let abuse not to take him...

We will have our new foster baby (4 month old staffy cross girl) but she won't be able to come this time as she will need to be vaccinated...but maybe the next week she will be fine to come...

We will have our new foster baby (4 month old staffy cross girl) but she won't be able to come this time as she will need to be vaccinated...but maybe the next week she will be fine to come...

Oooh puppy! Can't wait to meet her.

That time you met my two was the first time I've taken them to the dog park to play with 'strange' dogs. We've always only had dog park visits when we were there with their regular buddies that they've grown up with. I was happy that they played nice with the other dogs so I figure that as long as we remain vigilant, it should be fine. There were no aggro dogs in the small pen and that corgi puppy was sooooo cute :D

Your two were lovely and played really nice with the other dogs... We had heaps of balls there last weekend and even Coco (my last foster, who is extremely ball possessive) was awesome playing with all the other dogs... She surprised even me and I think it is the environment... All the dogs seem happy and playful, so they all just chill out...

I cant wait to pick her up tomorrow... I really need someone to temp care for her until Friday but if I can't I am just going to have to crate her on Thursday and get my son to loom after her on Friday...

I don't think she even has a name yet...

There is a pic of her in the urgent rescue thread, in Queanbeyan pound thread... She is the little tan staffy cross girl...

Mine both play nice, but Ava has been a target of aggressive dogs in the past and she doesn't deal well with it. It doesn't help that I am over sensitive since a dog had a go at her, I put my leg between them and it bit me (broke the skin). Scary :o We'll see how we feel on the weekend!

Mine both play nice, but Ava has been a target of aggressive dogs in the past and she doesn't deal well with it. It doesn't help that I am over sensitive since a dog had a go at her, I put my leg between them and it bit me (broke the skin). Scary :o We'll see how we feel on the weekend!

I have the same issue with Lando, every dominant dog loves her and just stand over the top of her. I'm sure she'll share her hiding spot with Ava if needed. :D

I have the same issue with Lando, every dominant dog loves her and just stand over the top of her. I'm sure she'll share her hiding spot with Ava if needed. :D

Either that or they can spend their time dodging Ziggy trying to be their best friend...

The rain has not let up all day here, so I think I might give tomorrow a miss... We did brave the Queanbeyan dog park and that required a bath.. That is 3 he has had in 4 days...

Have fun if any of you are brave enough to face the mud pool...

Shame about the rain this morning. It feels like we've had non-stop rain for the last week ...

When the rain cleared in the afternoon, we took the dogs to the Yarralumla Dog Park. They had a very good time. Here they are non-plussed by the very adorable Miniature Schnauzer puppy named Ralph

Yep count us in...

I am having some issues with Ziggy at the moment so if he misbehaves we may not stay long...

His overbearing focus on shy dogs was out of hand earlier this week and even with a really decent reprimand from the dog in question and me before hand, he just would not let up...

It is like his excitement level just goes overboard...