Canberra And Surrounds Dol Meet (with Furkids)

kaywoman68

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I've never actully gone to the dog park there, we normally take Lando to the open area where there are benches but she has a brilliant recall so I suggested the park as I understand not all dog do. Did you want to go sonewhere with better fencing? Don't want you worrying about your pup the whole time.

I am thinking he will probably be OK.. He is a rescue and I have never tested him off lead... He has never made any attempt to jump fences or even walk out of our gate when it is open...

He just gets overly excited when he meets new dogs so I might keep him on lead until he calms a bit to play... He is only 9 months old, so still very much an exuberant puppy, albeit a big puppy at 21kg... I am starting to think he is staffy cross great dane. :laugh:

Ziggy had a great time at the leash free park at Weston.

We met the lovely Lando and hope to have more play dates in the future...

He got to meet lots of dogs and was very appropriate in all his meetings but he did get a bit scared when a rather enthusiastic rough collie wanted to play a bit rough... So we left the big dog park and went back to the little dog park.

We met the most adorable schnauzer puppy. I think she was about 13 weeks old and she was having so much fun running under all the bigger dogs...

I was very proud of Ziggy, he played with the tiny dog so well and was not rough at all..

We will definitely be trekking over to Weston Park again and on a regular basis...

Thanks.. She is here and sound asleep in her crate...

They had a big afternoon together getting to know each other, playing ang in and out of the clam shell pools...

I took a heap of photos and will post them up as soon as I get Internet access on the computer again...

We would love to meet up for another play date whenever you would like to

Is anyone up for another trip to Weston Park?

Zig had so much fun last time that I would like to make this a regular event for him...

I can bring Miss Coco as well but she can stay on lead until I know what she is like but so far she seems good with other dogs...

It was great to meet up with you all. I've got two videos. One is uploading now but this one features Elbie, Hoover, Ziggy, Lando and that adorable ball-mad corgi puppy who didn't know he was a little dog :) It was funny how he managed to get the ball off Elbie more than once.

Edited by koalathebear