Canberra And Surrounds Dol Meet (with Furkids)

kaywoman68

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bring Ziggy out without Coco next time, some can stay and play in the mud..

He and Coco are going to have play dates at the scar here in town a couple of afternoons a week, so she can still socialize.. It is funny how she reacts to Ziggy compared to other dogs... I might suggest training to her new owners..

All Ziggy wanted to do was run and play in the mud...

I hope the mud is gone soon - it is soooo stinky and even though I can usually be lazy with our dogs (dirt and muck usually just falls off of them!) - both had very grotty legs and pants :p Oh well, the upside is that they both smell nice and Aloveeny now ... There was a nice mix of doggies today - OH had a pack of adoring, ball-mad dogs following him around :laugh:

Here's a photo of the ball mad doggies. The look on Elbie's face is hilarious.

expectant.jpg

Edited by koalathebear

Lando was covered too, the bath looked so gross after she was in it!!! Hope the mud is gone next week.

Our two aren't so lucky. No bath tub for them! Just leashed up in the backyard as their humans use a tub, jug, sponge, watering can and shampoo to deal with them :p We'd make a total mess if we tried to wash them in the house. Don't dogs feel wonderful after they've had a bath??? :laugh:

Hi all. :D I'm the other DOLer who was at the park. I love the photo. We enjoyed our outing, but the mud is of concern. Mine both have long hair so of course they needed a bath and I had to vacuum my car as well. (It needed it anyway :laugh: ). What especially concerns me is that they both drank the yukky water. They seem to be okay but I'm not too sure about that water. It was so stinky. Is there always mud and yuk there or is it only after rain? :confused:

PD

Edited by padraic

Hi all. :D I'm the other DOLer who was at the park. I love the photo. My ball obsessed little girl at the front of the line. We enjoyed our outing, but the mud is of concern. Mine both have long hair so of course they needed a bath and I had to vacuum my car as well. (It needed it anyway :laugh: ). What especially concerns me is that they both drank the yukky water. They seem to be okay but I'm not too sure about that water. It was so stinky. Is there always mud and yuk there or is it only after rain? :confused: PD

The mud is just a rain-thing. If all of this rain will just go away, that park is normally lovely and shady, with no mud puddles! :laugh: I suspect it will take a while for the huge lake in the big dogs' park to go away though.

I loved the combination work of Elbie and your girl. He'd catch it but she'd always bring it back - or find it if it went missing :rofl:

staffyluv: that horrible dog attack didn't happen at this park did it? We've been so lucky so far and not encountered any unpleasant incidents ...

The puppy attack in the general thread? No it wasn't at yarralumla..

Ziggy and I won't be coming back to yarralumla as ther is a new DOLer who has issues with Ziggy and his running around in case he bumps into her dog...

That and ziggy's recall is still not what it needs to be to be let loose with other dogs.

As much as we love that park and he loved to play with all your dogs, we wouldn't want to upset anyone...

We will stay here until he/we get it right and he is not a nuisance to others... Hopefully sooner rather than later... :)

staffyluv: that horrible dog attack didn't happen at this park did it? We've been so lucky so far and not encountered any unpleasant incidents ...

Ziggy and I won't be coming back to yarralumla as ther is a new DOLer who has issues with Ziggy and his running around in case he bumps into her dog...

That and ziggy's recall is still not what it needs to be to be let loose with other dogs.

As much as we love that park and he loved to play with all your dogs, we wouldn't want to upset anyone...

We will stay here until he/we get it right and he is not a nuisance to others... Hopefully sooner rather than later... :)

If it helps I believe I am the other DOLer and I won't be taking my dogs to Yarralumla again. I normally take them to Tuggeranong mid-week when it is not busy and I will continue to do this.

BTW Staffyluv my little girl is not aggressive to other dogs, she just doesn't even seem to notice them. All she wants to do is chase balls, and I don't take balls to the park. I am sorry you found her aggressive. She doesn't like dogs getting in her space especially if there is a ball to be chased. She has a working dog temperament and she is focussed on the one thing - that ball. She is also trained to a high level and has done well at trialling and I am very confident of her recall.

Hope you all have a wonderful time. :)

PD

Edited by padraic

You know what we all have to remember? That none of our dogs are perfect. Yes, we are all protective of our own dogs and rightfully so, but despite the attitude in many DOL posts, dogs are not robots... they are living, breathing, thinking beings.

If someone else's dog growls at mine because she's being annoying, so be it. If someone else's dog growls at mine simply for being in the vicinity, I'm outta there.

If someone else's dog humps mine, and the owner is quick to act and apologises, so be it. If someone else's dog humps mine, and the owner doesn't care, or it happens time and time again, I'm outta there.

If my dog is running and she gets chased and bowled over, so be it. If she is standing minding her own business and gets bowled over, I'm outta there.

Get the point I'm trying to make? :) My dogs are far from perfect and they are still allowed to interact with other dogs. But it's all about managing their behaviour. There's no right or wrong way to do that, it's all about judgement.

We like Casey and Yarralumla Dog Parks and haven't had any problems so far and our two have SUCH a good time when they go, you would not believe it. We don't get to go to the dog park every week but we try to go on a semi regular basis so I hope we can see some/all of you soon. Our dogs have loved all of your dogs so far - but then they are goofy, spazzy Kelpies who just love to run :p

Now as the owner of the shy dog who ziggy seems to pay special attention to, i think you should come staffyluv. Lando knows him and is learning how to deal with him, who best for you to train him with? Im happy with the way she has been dealing with him and i know you are too. As long as you don't get offended if i tell him to leave her alone every now and then i see no problem.

We like Casey and Yarralumla Dog Parks and haven't had any problems so far and our two have SUCH a good time when they go, you would not believe it. We don't get to go to the dog park every week but we try to go on a semi regular basis so I hope we can see some/all of you soon. Our dogs have loved all of your dogs so far - but then they are goofy, spazzy Kelpies who just love to run :p

So are you coming today?

If it helps I believe I am the other DOLer and I won't be taking my dogs to Yarralumla again. I normally take them to Tuggeranong mid-week when it is not busy and I will continue to do this.

BTW Staffyluv my little girl is not aggressive to other dogs, she just doesn't even seem to notice them. All she wants to do is chase balls, and I don't take balls to the park. She is the first in line in the photo above. I am sorry you found her aggressive. She doesn't like dogs getting in her space especially if there is a ball to be chased. She has a working dog temperament and she is focussed on the one thing - that ball. She is also trained to a high level and has done well at trialling and I am very confident of her recall.

Hope you all have a wonderful time. :)

PD

Nowhere did I mention you or your dog or that I thought your dog is aggressive...

I honestly don't know what I have done to you but the comments you keep making are making me uncomfortable..

My post reiterates the issues I am having with my boy and the fact that it obviously upset someone as tou felt the need to come into my training thread and complain about Ziggy running over the top of your dog (which i dont recall himdoing but if he did, i apologise) leaving out the bits that your dog did in fact have a go at the other staffy there that day a couple of times.... No I don't think your dog is aggressive... I think she just wanted the ball and coco loves her ball, so I thought it best we leave and we did... End of story... Now it has been told in 2 threads... I can start one in general if you like so the whole forum knows what you think of my dog... Please let it go... I am doing the right thing by not taking him until he behaves and this current behaviour issue is resolved...

Thanks for your input, yet again..

You know what we all have to remember? That none of our dogs are perfect. Yes, we are all protective of our own dogs and rightfully so, but despite the attitude in many DOL posts, dogs are not robots... they are living, breathing, thinking beings.

If someone else's dog growls at mine because she's being annoying, so be it. If someone else's dog growls at mine simply for being in the vicinity, I'm outta there.

If someone else's dog humps mine, and the owner is quick to act and apologises, so be it. If someone else's dog humps mine, and the owner doesn't care, or it happens time and time again, I'm outta there.

If my dog is running and she gets chased and bowled over, so be it. If she is standing minding her own business and gets bowled over, I'm outta there.

Get the point I'm trying to make? :) My dogs are far from perfect and they are still allowed to interact with other dogs. But it's all about managing their behaviour. There's no right or wrong way to do that, it's all about judgement.

This is what I thought to wuffles... It is how i have been with Ziggy the whole time.

We took another staffy with us last time and it was a little tense, so we left... We did the right thing and I just keep getting hammered for it...

Ziggy is having some recall issues and he tries to hard to say hello sometimes, I am happy for other dogs to tell him to cut it out.. He deserves it for being a pest... But I do my best, watching him and getting him out of it and I don't allow him to do these things, he is told off and told to get out each time.. I realise now that is not enough and I should have been clipping his lead on him to stop him.. I am working on it.

He runs with the dogs,running in the park... He is a runner and will run the whole time we are there, it is all he wants to do...

But I am happy to keep him away until I can rectify these problems, minor that I think they are... There are plenty of other dogs at the park with much bigger issues than the ones I am having with my 11 month old boy at the moment.

Now as the owner of the shy dog who ziggy seems to pay special attention to, i think you should come staffyluv. Lando knows him and is learning how to deal with him, who best for you to train him with? Im happy with the way she has been dealing with him and i know you are too. As long as you don't get offended if i tell him to leave her alone every now and then i see no problem.

Heather thank you for the support and we will definitely come back when he is a behaving.. We do love that park and he does love Lando, you only have to see his reaction when he sees her coming towards the gate.. He wriggles like a little puppy to get to her... And no, I have never had an issue with Lando or you telling hi to stop if you see it before I do..

He loves Koala's kelpies to (as they run and he can run with them)...

We will miss Griffy, the baby corgi, to...

Have fun guys