Blackdog Treats

Just FYI

http://www.apetitefoods.com/black_dog.html

Some of the blackdog treat meat products such as the roo/chicken/beef nuggets, balls, crinkles, sticks, discs etc contain wheat to bind them in the manufacturing process. Just the products that look minced and shaped contain it.

Products such as the jerky, dried liver, beef cubes, ears, bones etc do not.

Wheat as an ingredient of these non biscuit products is currently NOT written on the product label.

I was wondering why my rottweiler's ears were becoming stinking again despite not (supposedly) getting any wheat in his diet. Well the treats I was using were the source of the wheat. I have suggested the company at least put such a potential 'allergen' of sorts on the stick on label of relevent products so owners of sensitive dogs and consulting veterinarians can be made aware. I was a little miffed because after finally getting his ears right I'm back to cleaning that stink out again for a couple of weeks and they are sore for him too.

So those of us with allergic dogs, if you're not sure which ones are safe for your dogs feel free to PM me and I can ring the rep for you if I can catch him, or contact the company directly