4 1/2 Month Off Food?

Kobi'sDaisy

Hi everyone, been trying to do a search re: puppies going off food. Our little 4 1/2 month old Vizsla has gone off his food, no breakfast or lunch today, wouldn't touch the bones, even tried cooked rice for a filler but nothing!

Thought it might have been the food going off, but as its everything im not sure.

Could it be because he is teething? He's lost some teeth and im sure some will be growing soon, gums doing look inflamed though.

Vet wasn't too worried which is good, anyone else had a similar problem, or tips on what to feed to get him to eat something?

Seems like his normal self, maybe a little less energetic (probably as he has not eaten)

Is he drinking?

If not, I'd be off to the vet today.

Otherwise, I'd be taking him tomorrow if he still won't eat. Try some roast chook - a dog that won't eat that, is usually unwell.

So true, we give our left over chicken to the vet for the lil sicklings! (I have a takeaway shop) If they haven't got any for a while, they'll come down and buy some.

Is he drinking?

If not, I'd be off to the vet today.

Otherwise, I'd be taking him tomorrow if he still won't eat. Try some roast chook - a dog that won't eat that, is usually unwell.

This is true. I reckon I have just about the fussiest dog out there, and he also seems to be very weight conscious lol. He always seems to be off his food, but if we offer him roast or bbq chicken... well, he's a different dog.