Sunshine Coast Travel With Dogs

mawson

Hi all,

I just thought I would write and ask if anyone can come up with any solution to my problem. I am flying from Melbourne to the Sunshine Coast with my doggies in December for my dad's 60th and Christmas. Unfortunately since I travelled last time, my parents have gone and bought a new small car that the dogs and their crates don't fit in! So, while I can get to Melbourne, then fly them to the Sunshine Coast, I have no way of getting the dogs and their crates from Sunshine Coast Airport to they home near Cooroy.

I have tried a number of pet taxis and have had crap responses (one isn't available at that time of year, one claimed to only operate in Brisbane and Gold Coast when it clearly said Sunshine Coast on website, and the last one said that I had to book the flights and all through them). I have just tried the normal taxi company but I doubt they will transport the dogs and I have contacted the airport and asked them to hold the crates for a few weeks (but again I think this is unlikely).

Does anyone have any other ideas... its such a shame that I can bring them so far but not get the last 40 minutes!!!

Thanks in advance!

Could you just hire a bigger car for the day to get them from the airport to your parents and the day on return? Or do your parents have any friends or other family that will lend a car for the airport trip?

Could you just hire a bigger car for the day to get them from the airport to your parents and the day on return? Or do your parents have any friends or other family that will lend a car for the airport trip?

Thanks for the reply... yeah I thought about that but I guess I wouldn't be able to tell the car hire place that its for the dogs!!! I would have to hire the car, drive to my parents place, take the car back with someone driving another car, then pick one up again the day before returning, etc. Its time consuming but doable and certainly cheaper than the only quote I have got back!!!

Thanks for the reply... yeah I thought about that but I guess I wouldn't be able to tell the car hire place that its for the dogs!!! I would have to hire the car, drive to my parents place, take the car back with someone driving another car, then pick one up again the day before returning, etc. Its time consuming but doable and certainly cheaper than the only quote I have got back!!!

Bit fiddly, but at almost $800 for the other alternative :thumbsup: ...might be worth the hassle??

I just asked a friend (I live on the Sunny Coast) and she said she has flown in with pet into M'dore airport and Suncoast Cabs do pick ups with pets. You just have to book in advance. Did you try them?

I just asked a friend (I live on the Sunny Coast) and she said she has flown in with pet into M'dore airport and Suncoast Cabs do pick ups with pets. You just have to book in advance. Did you try them?

I have emailed them through their contact centre, so hopefully I will get a positive reply! That's the best news I've heard all day! I got an online quote of $90 from SC airport to Black Mountain, not bad but I expect it will be a bit mroe with the dogs and crates, but not $790 surely!!

Thanks again for your help and to your friend :thumbsup:

I have emailed them through their contact centre, so hopefully I will get a positive reply! That's the best news I've heard all day! I got an online quote of $90 from SC airport to Black Mountain, not bad but I expect it will be a bit mroe with the dogs and crates, but not $790 surely!!

Thanks again for your help and to your friend :thumbsup:

No worries, let me know how it goes!

What dates are you comming ? may be able to help you out .

I have a CRV so as long as they fit in the back of that all is ok . I live 5 minutes from Cooroy

Edited by MTD

I frequently use Black and White Cabs, and Yellow Cabs, to take my greyhounds and my cat to the vet in Brisbane. So you might have luck with the local cabs. Also, I think that B&W Cabs and Yellow Cabs are Qld-wide (maybe even Aus-wide?) so you should be able to get a cab.

Hi everyone,

Thanks heaps for all your replies and offers, as always dolers are the best!

I have not yet heard back from the taxi company but I have had some lovely offers, i'll get back to you all asap :-)

Thanks again, i'll update again soon

Just a quick question for you - are you flying with Quantas or Virgin? I am just curious about how much it costs to fly a dog in a crate bigger than their 'medium size' - Size: 66cm in length / 40cm wide / 52cm in height Maximum weight (including pet) : 20 kg

I will be wanting to fly with my dog in the future, just curious about the costs.