Just A Silly Little Girly Sook. -sorry Pls Move To Off Topic

mr.mister

I know, what's the point of posting if I suggest people ignore? :laugh: I'm just a little sooky at the moment, so typing something up and getting it out of my system is much less time-consuming than writing it down, and also clears my head better so I can sleep.

Anyway, I went out tonight with friends + my OH (all guys) and was really excited to have some fun. We went lazer tagging, arcade gaming and finished with retro nintendo 64 gaming at home (I am very bad at 64 games - never had a console as a kid and just dont enjoy it). Thing was, I was surrounded by competetive-man syndrome and got absolutely smooshed into the ground in everything we did - ie, I always came pitifully last. I also got a little bit left out after a while as the guys were all wrapped up talking about relevant blokey stuff and left me to wander around on my own. Reminded me way too much of high school! It wasn't a 'boys night', it was a friends getting together night, and I'm a little peeved now that I came away from it being completely utterly bored and realising I didn't have any fun. One friend who I'm particularly close to noticed and said, 'I'm sorry you didn't have much fun', but then dear OH decided to pipe up for me and say, 'Oh no, I think that was only toward the end of the night!' Thanks, OH. :rolleyes:

Anyway, silly sook, so yeah, sorry. :laugh: I didn't want to say anything to them because they were all having so much fun - I would've felt like a bit of a killjoy.

Now I've got that out, I'll sleep much better tonight. Thanks for that, collective dol community! :D

edit: and now I've been a complete idiot and posted it in general. oh deary me.

Edited by mr.mister

With all due respect, you went out with a bunch of guys to do guy stuff, did you really expect them to talk about shoes or shopping( or whatever girls talk about :laugh: )

No offence meant, but i think your expectations were wrong.I have 3 brothers, and used to go out with all 3 at night( designated driver), but i would never have gone laser tagging, or play games with them.

Next time try and do something different, or let them go alone?

With all due respect, you went out with a bunch of guys to do guy stuff, did you really expect them to talk about shoes or shopping( or whatever girls talk about :laugh: )

No offence meant, but i think your expectations were wrong.I have 3 brothers, and used to go out with all 3 at night( designated driver), but i would never have gone laser tagging, or play games with them.

Next time try and do something different, or let them go alone?

No, we went out as a bunch of friends together to do friend stuff. :laugh:

But yeah, you're right, I should have expected it.

Haven, I know, it makes us feel like such n00bs :laugh:

And yes Roz.. thankyou for the diabolical plan - I'll keep that one in mind! :D