Those With Your Own Agility Set Up

Probably a strange question but I've reached a point where I'm starting to look at upgrading to more land in the next year or so (I hope!). Currently on a 1/4 acre of quite slopey ground.

I know a few people have their own agility set-ups and I'm interested to know what area you've got set up, how it's set up and what you've found works and doesn't work? Pics would be fantastic if you've got them :D

The reason I ask is I'm trying to get a feel for what you can set up on what area and what would be the minimum amount of land that it would work on. No point upgrading to a slightly bigger block only to find it's still too snug :eek: Ideally I'd like a 1/4 acre round the house as an everyday yard for the dogs, and have the agility area as a separate area which is only accessed for agility.

In the perfect but realistic world I'd have a grass area for flat work, a contact area with enough room for a tunnel etc to practise discriminations, an area for box or grid work, and then a basic course area for setting up reasonable sequences. In my dream world I'd have a few million to spend on a set up but I don't think that's going to happen any time soon :laugh:

Edited by Jess.

Great idea for a thread Jess, I will watch with interest. I would love a bit of land, who knows down the track what might happen. Back yard big enough for a bit of equipment but not a lot. We only do it for fun though. Hope people add pics of thier set ups! Geez I just reread the end of your post, you'd have a pretty good set up with a few million! :laugh:

Geez I just reread the end of your post, you'd have a pretty good set up with a few million! :laugh:

A good friend and I drove to Sydney and back a few years ago for an agility seminar, round trip of about 20 hours. Funnily enough the topic of the perfect agility set up came up, if money was no objection. Was a pretty sensational set up - I can only dream :o:laugh:

I'll be watching this thread aswell. I want to start buying some equipment soon to start working more at home and would love to know more about what people find more important to have first and what can stay out in the weather and what needs to come in.

I've made all my stuff, just quite cheaply by getting everything from bunnings (except my tunnel which I bought off topbuy when they were selling them for $20!!).

This is my latest piece i've made (and was a little proud of it!!). It's fully foldable (the legs and the ramps), so I can carry it myself.

5732483891_bbf27c4a6c_z.jpg

Lottie demonstrating....

5709100021_741ca1b109_z.jpg

And this is most of my other stuff.. I have a few more things coming - my friend is making me proper weave sets, and I also have a tyre jump. I might try and take a photo of the little course I have set up tomorrow!!

5454292643_9857032a6f_z.jpg

We have about a 1/4 of an acre here, and what you can see in the pic above, its that again on the other side, and alot of room infront. At the moment I have the course set up on the other side of the yard.

We do have an annoying well type thing in the middle of the yard though :laugh: and quite a few trees! But for a rental property, it's great :thumbsup:

ETA: Athough it's not very flash (i'm a poor uni student :laugh: ), I find this basic stuff is great for foundation work at home!

Edited by LuvLottie