Doggie Toilet Question

Well I got home & he spent at least 5-10 minutes greeting me and showing me his 'present' (ie toy) - in the end, I had to give him the command to go outside. Even then, he pottered around the garden until I told him 'quick' again and he weed.

Thanks for input & good to know for emergency downpours !

Well Done Archie!

I'm not sure I could trust mindy to hold on that long- given the choice she urinates around every 3-4 hours and poos two to three times a day.

She holds on all night from around 10pm-7.30am but she is sleeping. She does not sleep during the day unfortunately.

Good to hear that he managed to hold on and wasn't even busting to go when you got home!

Mindy does not like to be left outside in wet weather on her own- yet absolutely loves going for a walk with me in downpours (which I do not find to be highly enoyable lol). Strange puppy....

Maddie would go out in a cyclone to do a wee but not Stan.No way.He will not go out from late afternoon until the next morning and even then if it's still raining the next day and I open the door to take him out you can almost hear him saying "no it's ok I'm fine honestly whats another 10 hours". :D

My girl Kara held on for over 17 hours once. :thumbsup:

She was a house dog and never peed inside. On this occasion, a bushfire prevented us from getting home and eventually my Dad was able to get to my house from the other side of the valley. With the aid of the police, he put all of the dogs into his 3 day old company car and then drove to safety. They sat at the side of the road with the airconditioning running for more than 6 hours before it was safe to return to our house.

Dad couldn't risk letting the dogs out of his car for a wee, it was miraculous as it was that 2 of them didn't kill each other, they were always separated. :eek:

So poor Kara held on all of that time. Yet she still didn't rush to do a wee when she was able to! :laugh:

And we were told that our German import Lilli had not peed or defecated in her crate when she arrived at Quarantine. :D I guess that was well over 24 hours.

Edited by Miss Danni