Doggyman Nail Clippers

giraffez

I brought one of this:

http://www.amazon.com/MILLER-FORGE-DOGGY-CLIPPER-LARGE/dp/B001DYJQ6Q

I brought an expensive one (thinking it would last me longer as my old Shearmagic didn't last very long) and seeing that its made in Japan I thought must be good. But i'm having trouble using it. I'm not sure whether its me or its the clippers but its very hard to clip the nails using these. Anyone used these before that have a better experience than me?

It almost feels blunt and doesn't allow me to secure small amounts of the nail at a time.

I love my Doggyman nail trimmers and they have lasted me for years (clipping several dogs per day) I have a small pair and even do my standard poodles with them. I don't have any trouble using them and they are very sharp. ps mine were much cheaper from Petedge

I love my Doggyman nail trimmers and they have lasted me for years (clipping several dogs per day) I have a small pair and even do my standard poodles with them. I don't have any trouble using them and they are very sharp. ps mine were much cheaper from Petedge

I got mine from petedge as well. but i got the large one because that was the same size as the shear magic i had. I reckon they are a bit bigger though but should be sharp enough but not getting that feeling. Feels rather clumsy while clipping as well :(

I like smaller nail clippers as they are easier to hold and use. The large ones are used for dogs with large thick nails, like mastiffs e.t.c So the surface of each blade is larger and you don't get a clean cut like with a smaller pair. If you are cutting schnauzer nails I recommend you get a small pair. Is it cost effective to send them back and try to get an exchange?

I can't even remember where I got my pair from but they were around $15 and I have had them for nearly 15 years.

Yes i think thats exactly it. I think i got a pair that it way too large as its exactly how you describe it Crazy Daisy with the surface too large. My shearmagic was the same size lengthwise but the blade was thinner and smaller.

I got the doggyman for around $30 including shipping, the blade was literally the same price as the shipping! But the thing is you can't get it here so a good nail clipper is worth it even if its more expensive in my opinion. Probably not cost effective to send it back but I'll sell it. If anyone is interested, please send me message - I'm in sydney.

Most important the nail clippers need to be sharp and strong enough to CUT the nail without twisting the claw. bad clipeers or the wrong nail clippers cause the claw to twist sideways and that hurts the dog.

I also really like using the dremel.