Casper Aka "fat Arse"

suziwong66

Hi all,

new to the forum and love the dog-people i've already 'met' here :)

We had to make the awful decision to send Casper our Yellow Lab to the Rainbow Bridge a week before his 14th birthday (29 May).

He was the the shining light in our family and we'll miss him more than words will ever express. :cry:

Despite some saying Labs are destructive and naughty dogs, this was not our experience with Casper. Yes, he had his puppy moments but he wasn't a destructive or naughty dog; on the contrary he was well behaved and quite the character :laugh: To be honest, any of his indiscretions were more our fault due to naivety to having a puppy in the house after such a long absence :o

Casper came to us to help fill the hole that Keiran (German Shepherd - 10 yrs) left in our hearts when he went to go the Rainbow Bridge. And Wilbur (15 day old Chocolate Lab) will be coming to make his mark within our family in about 6 weeks time :thumbsup: This time, with two prior puppies under our belt, we are less naive about having a puppy in the house again :laugh:

I cannot thank the staff at our local vet enough, who were fabulous on such an awful day. A week later they sent us a condolence card and a card with Casper's inked paw print - we cherish it along with all the photos and memories we have of our wonderful boy.

We will miss Casper every day till we meet again with lots of cuddles and licks at the Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Casper sounds like he was a great dog and a cherished member of your family. It's never easy to make the decision to let them go but in the end, when it is their time, it is the greatest gift we can give them.

I hope little Wilbur has a long and happy life with you, and fills your lives with laughter and love.

Rest easy, Casper :rainbowbridge:

What a beautiful tribute to your boy. Love the paw print.

Rest easy Casper - you were one of a kind and will never be forgotten by your family.

XXX

Thank you Puppy_Sniffer. the vet staff sent us the inked paw print in a card a week after we sent him off to the Rainbow Bridge; we treasure it along with our pics and memories.

So sorry for your loss. :hug: Love the personal touch by your vet. RIP Casper.

Thank you Poochmad. We too loved the personal touch from our vet; it's very cherished now but the day it arrived i didn't cope too well. it was a week after saying goodbye to Casper and i opened the envelope and realised what the card was...was doing ok at the point then the card-backed paw print fell out...then i lost it once i saw it. I hadn't cried that whole day til then, then i was a mess for the rest of the day. I'm getting better at being able to manage my grief; he's missed terribly. At least i can now laugh when i think of him :)