Dogs Sleeping In Your Bed!

petri

I have been very firm with Oscar. I don't mind him coming in for nanna naps in the day time, or coming in for a while, while I am reading etc but he sleeps in the lounge, he has the lounge made up every night plus he is crate trained and will sleep in their sometimes. I could not get a full nights sleep if he was in the bedroom, he snores and loves to lay on my legs and steals the blanket and pushes me out the way to stretch out. Like I said I like napping with him but I need my sleep :laugh:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 slept on my bed from the day they got home. Wouldn't want it any other way :)

I agree, vets have told me how it un hygienic etc.

My partner told me when i went away for a week my boy slept on my pillow, I think he was fretting. SO cute but I ended up just throwing the pillow case away. :laugh:

why didn't you just wash it :confused: dog sleeps on the bed anyway

I often have a couple of dogs and cats on my bed, even when Fern is in season; just put an extra blanket on the bed for her.

LOL I normally do, but this was beyond washing.

Yep, another one here with two dogs who sleep on the bed..............they're Great Danes, sometimes I fit, too :laugh:

HAHA that cracks me up, you must get such a small space!! I dream of the days when i used to be able to spread out in bed.

Pumpit comes in and climbs up the little steps and sits and whines or barks once. I then lift the doona , under she goes and back to sleep I go.

Quite often I wake up to breathing in my face, open my eyes and there's Blister curled up with her head on my pillow like a little person, breathing her doggy breath in my face.

I was the one who said 'no dogs on the bed' and my hubby was the one who started it. :thumbsup:

But I am very happy I only have Jack Russells. My heart goes out to pips angels........ :eek:

Mick always sleeps under the doona in the bed, Abby is a good weather barometer - she starts off on the end of the bed and I can tell if it's going to be a cold morning, early hours I'll get a nudge to lift up the doona and little Miss gets under and snuggles up to keep warm.

I woke up in the best possible way this morning. I was laying on my left side, with my arm sort of under my head and stretched out across the bed. Zsa Zsa had her head on my shoulder, being the little spoon and I had my right arm tucked over the top of her. She was dead to the world when I woke up and I just lay there listening to her occasional snore as she slept soundly.

I then just nudged my cheek and nose onto the soft part of her neck and dozed back off like this till it was time to get up....... i could wake up like that everyday! :D

We also get the 'tap tap' during the night, lift the doona up, and get a nice hot water bottle present. I was a no dogs on the bed person - but the OH started it while I was away.

Max being his first dog, he's constantly amused and delighted by what Max does, despite the fact he's nearly 1.5 years old - and the 'spooning' causes him no end of enjoyment!