Dogs Sleeping In Your Bed!

petri

Lestat use to sleep on our bed but he seems to triple in size during the night and steals the doona so he now sleeps on his own bed.

Alchemy sleeps at the foot of the bed, she curls up into a little ball and stays there all night.

Mistral and Dante will come to bed with us but they always get off after a little while, they get way too hot. But when we go camping they snuggle in with us in one big pile.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozkar sleeps under the doona at my feet and Zsa Zsa lays next to me on top of the doona. It's the perfect combination really. :)

I usually wake up with Zsa Zsa's pretty little face on my shoulder. She curls up with her back against me, her head resting on my shoulder, often drooling... :)

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Mine have all been allowed on the bed as soon as they were toilet trained. Before that they could come on the bed for cuddles but not sleeping. Out of my dogs only one (Daina) will choose to sleep on my bed every night and she knows my routine so when I get back from brushing my teeth I can expect to see her on the bed waiting for me :) Last night she must have been cold because she snuggled right against me with her cold little nose in the nook of my neck and I had to let her under the covers.

The boys come up sometimes but usually prefer their other beds.

My little dog sleeps in our room at night. He generally chooses to go to bed in his bed on the floor, but I always seem to wake up with him snuggled up in my arms :laugh: He likes to lounge on top of the bed during the day, but always under the doona at night.

I think it's quite normal, and always have a little chuckle at clients who are embarrassed to tell me they let their dog sleep in their bed. As far as I'm concerned, the only problems are if there's no room left for you, or if they wont get out when you ask.

Sasha sleeps on the end of my bed and Lacey comes under the covers for a cuddle but when she gets too hot she ends up half in and half out of the bed :)

The only thing i hate is when the two dogs decide to have a play in the middle of my bed :doh::laugh:

Oscar started sleeping in our bed when my husband finally caved when we were tried to crate train him :rolleyes: Now he hates it and wants him out, but it doesn't worry me. He generally starts off in his own bed but sneaks in of a night. Aside from barring access (and I can imagine the tantrums) I am not sure what I can do?

Lilly gets up in the morning after breakfast. She usually tries to get up at least once a night but I send her back to her bed - she just takes up too much room!

Tonka slept on my bed from the word go (I got him when he was three). I like it because it feels cosy but discovered in summer that if I bring in his donut bed and put it on the floor next to my bed he will sleep there by preference. In winter he likes to come up and he sleeps either on a pillow near my head or against my back.

I did go to a trainer who set me up to crate him at night, but the first night he stood in the middle of the bedroom (I was not locking the door) and barked in protest at the sudden change, and I realised that I wanted him on the bed even if it was not advised.

Tonka is very clean and I don't worry about him being dirty at all.

Our standard poodle, sleeps in our bed, generally on my side. The new puppy came home on Saturday, and we felt we would have a few weeks respite before he got big enough to sleep on the bed, but he ended up sleeping there Saturday night.

My two dogs let me share their bed ;) I do prefer them under the blankets with me though as one night they had me pinned down by sleeping on either side of me on top of the blankets with them pulled so tightly on top of me they had cut off my circulation, I woke up in terror as my legs had gone numb :rofl:

The cat is banished from the bedroom after decapitating a mouse on the bed during the night whilst I was asleep :eek:

I have grown up with animals sharing the bed. :shrug: When I was younger our dog was allowed to sleep wherever she wanted.

Nowadays, nothing's changed. :rofl: All of my dogs are allowed on the bed if they want, although the two that are 'mine' have their usual sleeping habits. Carl sleeps in my bed every night, he's never slept on the floor. He sleeps on a pillow propped against the wall, and in winter I always tuck him in to make myself feel better. :o He's happy with or without covers. Sometimes in summer if it's warm, he'll sleep under the bed or on the floor for a while, but when I wake up he's always right where he was before I went to sleep.

Miss Mischa takes her spot under the blanket by my feet when it takes her fancy. :rolleyes: Only in winter. Generally she prefers to sleep on the floor in one of the 4 very plushy beds in my room, but if I put her in my bed she'll stay there. In the morning she'll crawl up for a cuddle. In summer she sleeps exclusively on the floor. :laugh:

The cat sleeps where he wants, usually in the crook of my knee or one of the beds.

When I housesit for a friend, I take Carl and Mischa with me. Her two staffy/whippets insist on sleeping in the bed and take up almost all of it! Four dogs and a person in a king size bed is a bit of a squeeze.

The kelpie sleeps on the bed (or on his mat on the floor) but gets off if he's really hogging and we tell him to move. The V sleeps in his crate, but every morning he's let out for snuggles so he dives under the doona and curls up in front of my tummy and goes back to sleep until the alarm goes off. Not sure how he'll handle the change when OH is on a different shift and gets up at the same time as me... He isn't allowed in the bed(but can be on top) when OH is!

Both my greys sleep on the bed.Stan goes to bed early he loves my bed.He has his own boomerang pillow which he loves.Maddie usually sleeps down the end against the foot board.She fell out of bed a few times when I first got her so I think she feels safer as my bed is quite high and hitting the floor boards wasn't pleasant.They occasionally swap around in the middle of the night.I've gone to sleep with my arm over Stan and woken up with arm over Maddie. :)

Both of mine sleep on the bed. Arnie likes being near my head, while Lola goes in the covers and snuggles next to me.

I have two cats that I lock in the laundry because at night they just want to get up to mischief and they keep us awake.

Unhygenic? Pfft I dont think so at all. The most unhygenic place is actually the office keyboard and work desk. More germs than a toilet seat.