Non Sporting Dc Vic

Guest CaptainCourageous

Guest CaptainCourageous

THE NON-SPORTING DOG CLUB OF VICTORIA INC.

CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW

KCC PARK, WESTERNPORT HWY, SKYE

Sunday July 31, 2011

Schedule of Classes:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 18 dogs

1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, 10a, 11a, 18a bitches

Entries to The Cataloguer, PO Box 82, BRUNSWICK WEST 3055. Ph: 0427 175 143.

Cheques made payable to Non Sporting Dog Club of Victoria Inc. If entering both Shows, send separate entry forms, one cheque and one SSA envelope.

Judges:

Mrs L Chalmers (NZ): Breed Classes & General Specials

Mrs F Crooks: Baby Puppy, Puppy & Veterans’ Sweepstakes

Mr T Syme: Members’ Sweepstakes

Catalogue: $5.00 pre-ordered or $6.00 on the day.

Entry Fee: First entry $12, subsequent $11. Baby Puppies $9 (if only entry add $1). Sweepstakes $5. Member sweepstakes free.

Judging Times: 9.00 am with Boston Terriers in alphabetical order through to Tibetan Terriers. Sweepstakes will be held during lunch break.

Exhibit Numbers: A stamped self-addressed envelope must be included with entries and in the case of multiple exhibitors, one envelope for each exhibitor.

Catering: Available

Special Prizes: Trophy and sash for all in show awards. Best exhibit in show – trophy and sash in memory of Mrs P Marshall.

Best of Breed sashes: Boston Terrier, British Bulldog, Chow Chow, Dalmatian, French Bulldog, German Spitz (Mittel), Great Dane, Japanese Spitz, Keeshond, Poodles (All varieties), Schipperke, Shar Pei, Shih Tzu, Tibetan Terrier.

Point Score: Dalmatians & Poodles.

Club Members whose dogs have attained a title in the last twelve months should advise the Secretary in writing for acknowledgement on the day.

Entries close Friday 8th July, 2011

OPEN SHOW

KCC PARK, WESTERNPORT HWY, SKYE

Sunday July 31, 2011

Schedule of Classes:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 11 & 21 dogs

1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a, 11a & 21a bitches

Entries to The Cataloguer, PO Box 82, BRUNSWICK WEST 3055. Ph: 0427 175 143.

Cheques made payable to Non Sporting Dog Club of Victoria Inc. If entering both Shows, send separate entry forms, one cheque and one SSA envelope.

Judge: Ms C Scotton

Catalogue: $5.00 pre-ordered or $6.00 on the day

Entry Fee: First entry $8, subsequent $7, baby puppies $6 (if only entry add $1).

Judging Times: 9 am with Eurasiers through to Tibetan Terriers in alphabetical order then Boston Terriers through to Dalmatians

Exhibit Numbers: A stamped self-addressed envelope must be included with entries and in the case of multiple exhibitors, one envelope for each exhibitor.

Catering: Available

Special Prizes: Cash and Sash for all in show awards.

invites all who would wish to join.

A friendly Committee, we meet every two months at a location in Ascot Vale.

Membership is $8.00 for a single person or $10.00 per couple (if VCA members).

See Philip or Paula Semmel for an application form, or simply send an email to [email protected] to have one forwarded to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CaptainCourageous

These shows are now bigger than I can recall, but I'm quite keen to see them get even bigger.

Entries will not be taken after this Saturday afternoon, so if you want to enter additional dogs or put a first entry in please either post it Priority Paid today or tomorrow, or hand deliver to Paula at KCC Park on Saturday.

CC

but surely a week before the show to close entries is against the rules???

I would have thought so?

Numbers are meant to be posted at least 1 week prior to the show - that would mean they would need to be posted no later then today!

Guest CaptainCourageous

How big is it ...

Huge

Are you able to do a breed numbers break down like NSW does???

Yes, we did that last year and put them on the receipt letter.

Judges must be informed of numbers and exhibit tags must be sent out by next Sunday.

Apart from that, rule 7.4.8 "The Affiliate conducting an exhibition shall be responsible for observing the closing date for entries for that exhibition". We've discussed this on DoLforums before, and the popular interpretation was this means it's a decision for the club, not that anything that turns up after the closing date in the published schedule must be returned. Even the RASV extends the date to which it shall take entries!

Even the RASV extends the date to which it shall take entries!

It's the first time in History that they have done that, not to mention there show is 2 months off and has an entry of 3000+ and not a show of 200 odd that is on in a week!

Guest CaptainCourageous

one would hope they would be actually received before next Sunday.

Then one ought propose a change to the VCA Regs?

The big picture is that All Breeds clubs get between a third and a half of their entries after the advertised closing date, and that they tend to have a show secretary collate the forms and money then a cataloguer organise the catalogue and arrange its printing and delivery. With that sort of process there's a lot of chance of hold ups so they organise things earlier to mitigate their risk. Because NSDCV is organising everything in house and had an advertised deadline of only 23 days we are still getting entries daily but shall be able to make it work.

These shows are now bigger than I can recall, but I'm quite keen to see them get even bigger.

Entries will not be taken after this Saturday afternoon, so if you want to enter additional dogs or put a first entry in please either post it Priority Paid today or tomorrow, or hand deliver to Paula at KCC Park on Saturday.

CC

i will be at KCC Park on Saturday. how would i find Paula to personaly hand deliver her my entry in the morning? will there be a club banner were she will be set up? please advise :)

Regards Sariluda

CC

i will be at KCC Park on Saturday. how would i find Paula to personaly hand deliver her my entry in the morning? will there be a club banner were she will be set up? please advise :)

Regards Sariluda

Just look for the Schipperke people. Someone will be able to point you in the right direction...

How big is it ...

Huge

Are you able to do a breed numbers break down like NSW does???

Yes, we did that last year and put them on the receipt letter.

Judges must be informed of numbers and exhibit tags must be sent out by next Sunday.

Apart from that, rule 7.4.8 "The Affiliate conducting an exhibition shall be responsible for observing the closing date for entries for that exhibition". We've discussed this on DoLforums before, and the popular interpretation was this means it's a decision for the club, not that anything that turns up after the closing date in the published schedule must be returned. Even the RASV extends the date to which it shall take entries!

It is not unusual for Clubs in NSW to close the show on the Sunday prior to a Show (7 days). Nobody has a problem with that and in fact, appreciate the fact that they can get late entries in. The NSW Chihuahua Club Show that was held at Easter closed 2 days before the Show. The object of the exercise is to get as many entries as possible and thereby, make money for the Club so they can keep running Shows for the benefit of Exhibitors ;)

CC

Regards Sariluda

Thanks Havasneeze,I will look out for you all

Just look for the Schipperke people. Someone will be able to point you in the right direction...

Guest CaptainCourageous

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE EVERYONE.

THESE SHOWS ARE RESTRICTED TO GROUP 7 BREEDS.

When we submitted the schedule we had the words "Mrs L Chalmers - Group 7 & General Specials" there. Unfortunately it got altered to "Mrs L Chalmers - Breed Classes & General Specials" and I've now had to knock back entries from Australian Shepherds, Amstaffs and Bull Mastiffs.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE EVERYONE.

THESE SHOWS ARE RESTRICTED TO GROUP 7 BREEDS.

When we submitted the schedule we had the words "Mrs L Chalmers - Group 7 & General Specials" there. Unfortunately it got altered to "Mrs L Chalmers - Breed Classes & General Specials" and I've now had to knock back entries from Australian Shepherds, Amstaffs and Bull Mastiffs.

I suppose then that Mini Bull Terrier's are also in the group of "knock backs"?

I was a bit unsure if the show was open to all breeds other than Sporting dogs :o still new to all this and i find that understanding who can and who can't enter certain shows a bit confusing, perfect example i thought that the recent show at KCC Park held by the Junior KC was for junior handlers only so i didn't enter, silly me.

Edited by sariluda

one simple solution : dont accept any entrys after the closing date & there wont be any arguments. the slack people who cant get their act together will soon learn & change their bad habits. its about time people woke up to themselves.

one would hope they would be actually received before next Sunday.

Then one ought propose a change to the VCA Regs?

The big picture is that All Breeds clubs get between a third and a half of their entries after the advertised closing date, and that they tend to have a show secretary collate the forms and money then a cataloguer organise the catalogue and arrange its printing and delivery. With that sort of process there's a lot of chance of hold ups so they organise things earlier to mitigate their risk. Because NSDCV is organising everything in house and had an advertised deadline of only 23 days we are still getting entries daily but shall be able to make it work.

I have decided not to enter as i have been told off by "the headmaster",:cry: LOL. I do usualy have my entries in the week before closing date, but as this shows entry date was extended i thought 'what the heck' may as well enter, but then relised that i cant as it is a group 7 show only and i'm group 2 i thought that it was an all breeds show,oops :o .i have only been to 3 shows so still pretty new to how things work, can be very confusing to new people that have to figure things out for themselves, but i do hope that all goes well and enterants get there numbers on time. good luck to those who have entered.;)