Local Council To Try To Uphold Dog Ban - Noosa

Maxiewolf

Just when we look like having a win over letting business owners choose if they want dogs in their outdoor eating areas or not...Who does this council think they are?? Who are they so say "I dont care what the state law says Im going to bring in a local law cos I dont care" :mad :mad As if QLD isn't Dog unfriendly enough??? "You don't need a dog to enjoy coffee" - so by this why cant people say "you don't need your annoying child to enjoy coffee." Arrogant people like this shouldn't have so much authority.

I would have posted this in the news section but I thought more coasties might have had the chance of seeing it here.

Noosa Journal, pages 1,2 & 6

http://paper.questnews.com.au/QST_NJL/njl001.pdf

http://paper.questnews.com.au/QST_NJL/njl002.pdf

http://paper.questnews.com.au/QST_NJL/njl006.pdf

ETA : extra page

Edited by Maxiewolf

I believe they act this way simply because they think that majority of the people would support this. And I am afraid that may be just right, regardless what we on this forum think. :confused:

Lets hope no sparrows fly overhead an shit in his coffee when he's chilling out like a botoxed pelican in Hastings street eh :rofl:

Knob.

:laugh: Couldn't have said it better myself, even if I tried.

I believe they act this way simply because they think that majority of the people would support this. And I am afraid that may be just right, regardless what we on this forum think. :confused:

This is true but as long as there are some places which allow dogs and some which dont where is the problem? Surely as long as the establishments can comply with health regs etc it should be up to them .

Surely at law business owners have a right to establish who their target market is and operate their businesses which is best suited to them bringing in trade. If no one likes dogs on their turf and they are losing customers because of it they can decide whether they want them their or not . If they want dog owners and the guy down the street wants non dog owners dont they have a right as australian businesses to decide that without council intervention?

As I said assuming its all done via health regs why is a council involved in this - looks like restriction of trade to me.

Personally I dont like other people's dogs being where I want to have a cuppa but its my choice as to whether I go there or not and the business will sort out their own supply and demand factors. Got me buggered why its a council issue. If people do support them then no one will go where the dogs are allowed and the businesses will either suffer or not.

Taking away the freedom of the consumer and the business to decide seems to be a bit like asking for fight.

This is true but as long as there are some places which allow dogs and some which dont where is the problem? Surely as long as the establishments can comply with health regs etc it should be up to them .

Surely at law business owners have a right to establish who their target market is and operate their businesses which is best suited to them bringing in trade. If no one likes dogs on their turf and they are losing customers because of it they can decide whether they want them their or not . If they want dog owners and the guy down the street wants non dog owners dont they have a right as australian businesses to decide that without council intervention?

As I said assuming its all done via health regs why is a council involved in this - looks like restriction of trade to me.

Personally I dont like other people's dogs being where I want to have a cuppa but its my choice as to whether I go there or not and the business will sort out their own supply and demand factors. Got me buggered why its a council issue. If people do support them then no one will go where the dogs are allowed and the businesses will either suffer or not.

Taking away the freedom of the consumer and the business to decide seems to be a bit like asking for fight.

Don't get me wrong, I quite agree with you. I am just saying that IMO, we are in minority. So the fight is not the best choice, but educated and argumented discussion may be.

What this clown fails to under stand is there is a cut off point to council leased land by cafe owners on the foot path, if they are leased in the first place at all. So it makes very little difference in the grand scheme of things with dogs being out the front of cafe's People can still take dogs and have a brew, even if local laws are changed but just not in the area cordoned of by plastic and metal signs promoting brands of coffee, such as ???? or the cafe's name.

This clown is just full of crap conditioned by people who rarely become part of a community spirit, or is that person himself, and every rate payer paying $4 for a coffee when taking a walk with a dog knows it.

Just another pollywaffle IMO.