Council Vs Dogsvictoria

Horse2008

He's a member of DogsVic...DogsVic limits you to 10 bitches without the need to be registered as a business, I have no idea if they also limit the number of dogs. He has 3 DogsVic registered dogs, not sure if they're all on main register, but at least 1 is.

The council limits him to 2 dogs. Should he pay the permit costs for the 3rd dog, or do DogsVic rules override the council's in this case?

How could a body set up for a limited group of people (registered purebred dogs) trump something which is governed by a bylaw which is set for all dog owners :confused:

Of course, the Council's law will prevail.

Councils limit the no of dogs you can have at one address some councils let you have a permit for an extra dog but some wont. A lot of councils wont let you have a permit without the neighbors permission and if someone objects you wont get the permit.

How could a body set up for a limited group of people (registered purebred dogs) trump something which is governed by a bylaw which is set for all dog owners :confused:

Of course, the Council's law will prevail.

what she says

Dogs Vic is guidelines only for it's members, where they have council approval

Thanks I'm also a DogsVic member, but I have only one purebred dog. I had no idea in all honesty, I know this council gives a discount to registered dogs when they're licensed with the council, I had no idea about the permits though.

Thanks I'm also a DogsVic member, but I have only one purebred dog. I had no idea in all honesty, I know this council gives a discount to registered dogs when they're licensed with the council, I had no idea about the permits though.

Do you mean that your council gives a discount (for council registration) for dogs registered with Dogs Victoria?

He's a member of DogsVic...DogsVic limits you to 10 bitches without the need to be registered as a business, I have no idea if they also limit the number of dogs. He has 3 DogsVic registered dogs, not sure if they're all on main register, but at least 1 is.

The council limits him to 2 dogs. Should he pay the permit costs for the 3rd dog, or do DogsVic rules override the council's in this case?

l think you will find that above should read[if you have 10 or more fertile bitchs a breeding and rearing permit is required.

That doesnt mean we can all own 10 dogs before we have to apply.

A permit to keep more than 2 dogs is the normal ruleing within many concils and 4/5 dogs on land.

i have a letter from CEO of Dogsvic sent to me last year if you want to PM i will send it to you, it clears up the misconception about all this, it is what mortonplace says, VCA/dogsvic lobbied the govt and dogsvic members are exempt from registering as a domestic animals business as long as the members have 10 fertile bitches or less. ofcourse you still have to apply to your council to have a permit for that many.