Boarding Kennels And Dog Parks Brisbane Area

Guest lavendergirl

Guest lavendergirl

Hello Everyone

I am looking for a good boarding kennel on the southside of Brisbane. Also a dog park that has a separate run for small dogs. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Lavendergirl I can't help with the kennel info as I haven't used one for years but go onto your council website and look up their dog parks - they should have details of what is in your area. I am down Beenleigh way and haven't seen one with a seperate area for small dogs. There is a small agility park in the Eagleby area and you can always easily see if any other dogs are there before using it. We've often been the only ones there and can always see if other people and dogs are arriving if we want to leave before they get to the fenced in area.

Edited - I just went and looked at Logan City Council's info (my council area) and there are small dog parks listed! I suppose I've never had one so didn't know!

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Depending on where abouts on the southside you are. The dog park near Logan hospital has separate parks for Large dogs and small dogs which I think is fantastic.

As for kennels I havent used any yet but have heard a few good reports from customers about a kennel at Beenleigh (cant think of the name) but also Animal World at Cornubia.

Hope this helps.

Guest lavendergirl

Thanks for the replies everyone - will definitely check out the Council websites and the kennels mentioned.

Yep, pretty much 50 percent of Logan City Council dog parks have big and small separate areas. I also know the dog park on Meadowlands Rd, Carindale is also separate but is also fantastic as there is a really nice, large area to walk including past a lake.

I have never boarded my dogs so can't help there :)

Guest lavendergirl

K&P - I have driven past that one at Carindale and thought it looked nice - didn't realize they had a separate area for small dogs though so will definitely have a look. Some of the ones around Logan are a possibility too. I don't need a kennel just yet but just want to check some out for future needs. I have just adopted a little dog so don't want to put him into a kennel environment for while yet!