Rent Help

Atanquin

Hi all I know this is not a dog question but I can't any answers from anyone or anywhere? Went to pay rent this morning after walked the pup and on my way to work, now I know the lady in the office was leaving but today there was a notice saying the real estate is shut till further notice and there was a number to call so I have rung it 4 times now no answer I rang the head office and said to pay via Bpay but we don't have that, then the rude lady said well I'm going to have to find a way to pay it if is due today then I got peeved at her called her a name and hung up ( I have not had a good morning with strangers being rude lol) my BF is going to the main town today and is going to ask what is going on but I'm worried we have never missed paying rent we are always on time. Do you think this is a problem or not worry about it because there is nothing else I can do? (I spoke to someone else out side the real estate that was also wondering what was going on)

none of the REA's have taken cash for a long time now , all give a payment book for the bank, BPay or Direct Deposit . Surely you can use one of these, but the lady you spoke to did not sound very helpful .

Get BF to go into the REA's office in the main town and either pay the rent with his card while he's there or get them to agree and put it in writing that you have xxx number of days to pay due to their office closing. Setting up a bank transfer would be the simplest and you can do that at any branch of your bank, if you don't have access to BPay (no internet banking? how do you live :laugh:)

We do have Internet banking but they never asked if we would like to set it up and we where fine going in to pay it, jut spoke to BF and they are calling to find out what is happening ( thy can't take pay ment there because all the info is at our real estate office)

did you ask head office why that particular office is closed ?? perhaps instead of them lecturing you that you must pay how about they tell you why the office is closed, they sound very incompetent.

Hi guy just wanted to say thank you for all your help I was panicking BF spoke to the ppl in the other office and they haven't found someone new to take over and it's only open day a week till they find someone and there won't be any penalts for not paying on the correct day as long as we pay that weeks rent on the day they are open. The other real estate was pretty annoyed that thy had not informed anyone what was happening and apparently thy should have sent notices outs to tell everyone what was happening which they didn't BF said they where getting alot of calls in regards to that matter alot of pissed of ppl

We pay by cash, and they give us a receipt!

We went to hand the keys in to our agent, and they were gone.........

For real? How crazy! What did you do?

Yep, they weren't answering the phone, so left messages, no replies. Eventually saw a selling sign with one of the agents mobile numbers, we were told to hang onto the keys until the inspection a few days later.