Cheap Fleece Fabric

Lincraft have half price on all their fabrics for the next 11 days. I went in tonight and got 4 metres of lovely fleece (funky colours) for $20 to make hoodies for rescue for next year (leftovers make tuggies and pom-pom toys). Only one was a print but it was a really nice one! There was some really heavy stuff there for $12.99 ($6.50 half price) that is very wide and would make fantastically warm dog blankets too.

It's also getting to that time when you should keep your eye on your local Kmart for kids and adults fleecies to be marked down. I buy these to re-cover my dog beds (can usually get some great colours and designs in the kids section) but this year will buy the larger ones and cut them down for dog blankets for rescue. I already bought a marked kids one that is lilac with pink and purple hearts on it for only $8 that will make covers for two large beds (after I stop using it myself in front of the tv that is....)

I may not make the hoodies till just before next winter but can take a pic of the coat I will take the pattern off? I bought it off ebay for $8 (bought 2 actually) and while the fabric is only light the style is great. It even has a little pocket on it like my hoodies do at the front. I also scored 3.85 metres of thick cream fleece which is 2 metres wide for only $4 from Lincraft! It was a remnant. Cream is not the best colour but I thought I could jazz it up with black top stitching or even some coloured braid. My stuff will also be for larger sized rescue dogs but just because they are rescue dogs I don't think they deserve cheap and nasty looking things. Mine will go to dogs with carers so there should be less damage than if they were pound/shelter based. I'm also knitting and plan to just keep at it over the coming year so I have a pile to donate for next winter!

Pic of hoodie I'll be using as a pattern added below.

post-33739-0-39773700-1311741054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer