Interstate Travel

smcerq

sorry to bring up a previous topic but I still am finding a large discrepancy between

Prices of carriers to bring a pup from melbourne to perth?

can someone enlighten me? a 9 week Alaskan malamute who is quite a large pup with

dogtainers will be $360 but then having rung jets pet also they are saying it will be $480?

After reading a previous thread about the difference in pricing I feel like if I take up either

Option that I'm getting stung? it does all include crate hire and pickup from melb to Perth

Airport but I can't say what the difference in pricing is?

help? reassurance maybe? :(

Maybe try asking your breeder for referrals. I believe my breeder was offered a special "breeder's" price with JetPets.

It ended up about $100 for 3 kilos, I thiiink?

Edited by Dju

I would ask Jetpets why the big difference in price, they may match the price of even better it. Also, the price overall would depend where they are being picked up from and delivered to at the other end.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I might do that actually. Forgotten how to negotiate things. It's because it happened to be such a large difference in the pricing that it started alarm bells in my head--essentially for the same service I would pay $120 more?--that's what has made me just slightly uneasy about it all.

I have used Jet Pets and loved them, I flew the cats from Syd - Perth - Kalgoorlie then later flew the cats and Atlas from Kal - Perth - Syd - Orange. Had no problems and would use them again

Dogtainers normally use Virgin who may do a better deal,Jet pets is normally AAE .

Alarm bells no ,each company have varying price differences even when it comes to crate hire.

Is the breeder dropping the dog off or will the transport people be picking it up?

I prefer to use Jet Pets because I had a couple of issues with Dogtainers with them turning up with wrong size crates ect. No doubt their are many folks who have had the opposite experience.Jet pets has always met the price of Dogtainers for me if it has been lower.