How Long Would You Wait?

Paptacular!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were at the vet over the weekend, she seemed to think give him another 6 months?

He seems a bit behind his litter sister who we have kept; she has her adult teeth already and he still has his babies.

Whether this is another manifestation of being a little behind? He was the smallest of the litter whether that has anything to do with anything developmentally....

Greyhound boys can be a bit slow, Miller was around 10 - 12 weeks, starting to give me grey hairs, but you could feel it. I pulled out of a sale when the pup only had one down at 12 weeks and the other one was no where to be found.

At 6 months I couldn't see it coming down. :(

I don't agree but everyone will have their own opinion :)

Can the 2nd one be located?

I'm not great at feeling myself :o The vet seems to think it may be there but she wasn't definite. She thought he may have just been sucking it up.

I've been checking every day since Saturday.

Yes I've been showing him through baby puppy class.

Next weekend he goes into Minor. I've heard that judges give babies leeway in that department, but after that? Would hate to be lambasted for daring to bring a one-nut wonder into some judges ring. :laugh:

Yes I've been showing him through baby puppy class.

Next weekend he goes into Minor. I've heard that judges give babies leeway in that department, but after that? Would hate to be lambasted for daring to bring a one-nut wonder into some judges ring. :laugh:

Some judges do 'forgive' non-entire baby puppy dogs but at 6 months of age they'll simply tell you he's not entire and not place or dismiss you from the ring.

"Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum."

I think you will also find that once he has been dismissed for not being entire that you may have to have him examined by a panel of judges....I cant quite remember the ruling.

I wasn't aware there was such a ruling.... would that be ANKC or a state thing?

Will have to search through the DogsNT rulings.

I think you will also find that once he has been dismissed for not being entire that you may have to have him examined by a panel of judges....I cant quite remember the ruling.

I wasn't aware there was such a ruling.... would that be ANKC or a state thing?

Will have to search through the DogsNT rulings.

Regardless of the ruling (and EF - I am sure I have read that somewhere too) you shouldn't show a non-entire dog.

Found the ruling:

9.3 For Conformation purposes, a dog six months of age or over shall not be accepted as

physically entire unless both testicles have fully descended and are in the scrotum.

Any dog disqualified for this reason at a Conformation Show will have its registration

suspended until it can be proved to the satisfaction of the Member body that it is

physically entire. (05/00)

9.4 Any dog suspended in accordance with 9.3 shall not be accepted for stud purposes

and any litter sired by the dog will not be accepted for registration. (05/00)

9.5 Any dog over the age of twelve months which is proven to be non entire shall be

deregistered or transferred to the Limited Register. (05/00)

I wasn't planning to continue showing him for much longer if it didn't come down. Looks like he misses out this weekend, there appears to be no leeway. :(

I'll monitor him for a little longer, just to see what happens. If there's no action soon though I'll have to consider my options. :(

Here you go Paptactular! (from the Dogs NT rules/regs)...

7.10 REFUSAL OR CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION

The NACA may refuse any application for registration of a dog and may cancel, suspend, correct or amend any registration at any time and for any reason which it considers proper and shall not be bound to assign any reason for doing.

A dog over the age of six (6) months shall not be accepted as physically entire unless two (2) apparently normal testes have fully descended into the scrotum. The registration of any dog rejected for this reason at any Exhibition shall be suspended until it can be proved to the satisfaction of Council, that it is physically entire.

An application for the review of any registration cancelled in accordance with rule 7.11.2 may be made up until the dog reaches twelve (12) months of age, providing such application is supported by declarations from two (2) qualified veterinary officers, indicating the dog is entire without surgical or other artificial interference which is calculated to deceive, or is capable of deceiving.

On attaining the age of twelve (12) months, any dog which is not physically entire in accordance with rule 7.11.2 shall have its registration cancelled permanently. Any dog suspended in accordance with rule 7.11.2 shall not be accepted for Stud purposes and any litters sired by such dogs will not be accepted for entry in the General Register.

A dog which is not entire (and entire dog is one which has two (2) apparently normal testes fully descended in the scrotum), may be registered in the Limited Register and therefore may compete in Field, Retrieving, Obedience or other Trials, but not in a Conformation Exhibition.

The owner of any dog used at Stud may be called upon at any time to provide proof of the dog’s entire condition to Council.

Where a charge has been laid and proven in relation to falsification of registration records, the said dog/s shall have their registration cancelled and removed from the database.

Where a case has been proven against a dog under Section 4 of the NACA Rules, its registration shall be suspended or cancelled in accordance with those rules.

Found the ruling:

9.3 For Conformation purposes, a dog six months of age or over shall not be accepted as

physically entire unless both testicles have fully descended and are in the scrotum.

Any dog disqualified for this reason at a Conformation Show will have its registration

suspended until it can be proved to the satisfaction of the Member body that it is

9.4 Any dog suspended in accordance with 9.3 shall not be accepted for stud purposes

and any litter sired by the dog will not be accepted for registration. (05/00)

9.5 Any dog over the age of twelve months which is proven to be non entire shall be

deregistered or transferred to the Limited Register. (05/00)

I wasn't planning to continue showing him for much longer if it didn't come down. Looks like he misses out this weekend, there appears to be no leeway. :(

I'll monitor him for a little longer, just to see what happens. If there's no action soon though I'll have to consider my options. :(

There's only one outcome in my mind (even if it did come down in the coming months he'd never be considered as a stud dog in my mind because I feel it's abnormal for a testicle to take so long to come down and stay down).

Sorry :(

From the ANKC web site

SECTION 9