Wearing Glasses

BC4ME

I wear glasses for distance I don't normally wear them when I taking photo's as it is difficult to look down the view finder.

I have a Nikon D60 and mostly use the auto focus button, although I am starting to experiment with manual focus and this is wear the problem lies. I can get nice photo's but a lot seem just off focus (they are clear but not as sharp as I would like) do you think this is because I'm not wearing my glasses and if so is there any way I can make is easier to see down the view finder wearing my glasses?

:D :cool:

I wear glasses for distance I don't normally wear them when I taking photo's as it is difficult to look down the view finder.

I have a Nikon D60 and mostly use the auto focus button, although I am starting to experiment with manual focus and this is wear the problem lies. I can get nice photo's but a lot seem just off focus (they are clear but not as sharp as I would like) do you think this is because I'm not wearing my glasses and if so is there any way I can make is easier to see down the view finder wearing my glasses?

I don't think the D60 has a focus adjuster for the view finder, so that option is out (some cameras allow you to adjust to your vision problems so that you don't have to wear your glasses).

I wear glasses while using my camera with no problems. Can you describe what bothers you about the glasses?

Hi, not sure of the proper terminology but you should be able to adjust the viewfinder to suit your eyes. I found this the hard way when working for someone else using their camera and panicked because nothing was focusing, then I was told the viewfinder was adjusted, so there was a dial just below and I turned it a few times and everything came into focus :rofl: I imagine there would be something in your manual about it

I don't think the D60 has a focus adjuster for the view finder, so that option is out (some cameras allow you to adjust to your vision problems so that you don't have to wear your glasses).

I wear glasses while using my camera with no problems. Can you describe what bothers you about the glasses?

How funny, we postd at the same time, dispells my theory for her camera :)

How funny, we postd at the same time, dispells my theory for her camera :)

It might have it, but I had a look on the photos of the D60 and couldn't find the dial... Happy to be corrected though! :o

My D60 does have a little focus switch but it really doesn't do much change things. :(

I don't like the idea or feeling of resting my glasses on the view finder this is why I take them off to shoot photo's.

It's called diopter adjustment and on the D60 it's on the right hand side of the viewfinder eyepiece housing:

"The D60's dioptric correction adjustment (for eyeglass wearers) has a range from -1.7 to +0.5 diopter. Some of us had a hard time reaching the dioptric adjustment, a slider on the right side of the viewfinder eyepiece housing. Those of us with fingernails on our thumbs found that they worked quite well as dioptric actuators though. :-) The viewfinder has an eyepoint height of 18mm at -1 diopter. This is enough that most eyeglass wearers should be able to see the full viewfinder area without having to mash their glasses against the viewfinder bezel. The D60's viewfinder is a pentamirror design, rather than the more costly, but brighter pentaprism."

http://www.imaging-r...0VIEWFINDER.HTM

If contact lenses are an option - they will make a huge difference.

Edited by Luke W