Help Please - 1 Crate Or 2?

BC Love

I have decided that at 19 weeks old I will crate train my boy!! I have just ordered 1 wire crate off ebay for the lounge room but have realised I will need one for the room too? He usually sleeps on our BR floor on his dogbed.

Im wondering whether to get a soft crate so I have a portable one as well as the wire one - or just get two wire??? Would love some advice :)

Hi BC Love,

I have 2 crates for each of my BC's. A wire one to sleep of a night at home & a portable one for any other time, e.g. in the car

or when we are caravaning e.t.c. Good luck with crate training Roy :D

Edited by BC Crazy

Hi BC Love,

I have 2 crates for each of my BC's. A wire one to sleep of a night at home & a portable one for any other time, e.g. in the car

or when we are caravaning e.t.c. Good luck with crate training Roy :D

Thanks BC Crazy - think I answered my own question a bit lol - portable one is the way to go for the 2nd one I think - he is not a chewer (usually) so think he will be ok :)

No worries,I had no trouble with either of mine chewing the portable one at all & my little girl is destructive. Just made sure they were really tried before

putting them in it & give them a Kong or something to chew on till they fell asleep or at least settled. :)

I got one of those soft crates from the advertiser here on DOL, mind you that was for camping trips for daytime use, and my dog is a lot older than 19 weeks, not a chewer play full ripping stuff up for the heck of it stage it's great IMO.

Maybe a wire one first to crate train, then a soft portable one for later on when any destructo mode is gone?

BC Love, try Topbuy for cheap soft crates. They have these on special for the next week too http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/product/Lightweight-XXXL-Travel-Crate-for-Pets-Soft-Waterproof-Fabric-Easy-Fold-Away-p14748.htm:)

I'm no help... I have 2 dogs and 6 crates :o:laugh:

:rofl:

Well if it helps I have 1 dog, 3 wire crates, 2 soft crates and an airline crate here at the moment.:o

Thanks for the replies everyone (and links)!!

fuzzy82 - I guess the bedroom one (which his bed will fit in perfectly by chance :) ) may or may not be needed - but I think it will be great to have a lighter portable one as well as the wire one in the lounge room.