Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Sankari

Hi all. I am after some diet advice for my almost 6yr Golden Retriever. She has just been diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and she is on Macrolone medication to control the condition (starting off at a high dose and weaning slowly to a low dose). She has for the last 9 months been on a 100% RAW diet and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to give her a super premium kibble for the mornings to ensure it's all complete and balanced?

A friend suggested trying Black Hawk, but also after other suggestions of what would be suitable.

She is allergic to chicken so I am after advice on which brand to try.

don't forget to check biscuits for chicken fat if your dog is allergic to chicken..lots say lamb/beef etc but also have chicken fat in them

canidea lamb and rice might be worth a try

eagle pack holistic sardine,anchovy and salmon does contain chicken

Edited by Frodo's mum

I have a dog with pemphigus erythematosus, which is akin to lupus. He was diagnosed a good four years ago now but I have fed raw for over 20 years. My advice to you is to continue feeding raw & work around the chicken allergy. About three months ago I started the dogs on Vets All Natural, mainly because I was going away for three weeks & it seemed the easiest solution for preparation & feeding of a raw diet. All the dogs are doing very well on it, but moreso the pemphigus dog who has improved heaps. They get VAN mixed with diced kangaroo every second day, with the off day being a meal of raw meaty bones. I am able to feed chicken carcases, but maybe you could find an alternative - lamb necks, lamb breast bones, shoulder blades or maybe even rabbit if you can source it?