Installing A Dog Containment System

Hi all, this is a rather embarrassing shout out for suggestions. I purchased a containment system for a dog that likes to leap high fences. I have 6ft colourbond fencing and thought that I'd lay the wire on the ground, but I don't know what to use to hold it in place. This is the first time I have to do something hands-on and it's a bit of a finicky challenge for me.

Will something like metal pegs or stakes interfere with the signal? That's the only product I've looked at so far.

Alternately, the instructions say that placing the wire at the neck level of the dog is most ideal, but I don't know how I'd attach the wire to the fence. The people at Bunnings were at a loss too. :(

Grateful for your help.

Edited by Ms Genki

Something that works for a horse electric fence would probably work. So I would go to a stock feed place. There are lots of different sorts of attachments. You could even buy some pigtails and just put them in the ground and run the wire through. That would involve no attachment to the fence.

Pigtails - http://www.electricfenceaustralia.com.au/electric-fence-online-store/temporary-electric-fencing-products/thunderbird-10-x-pigtail-tredin-post.html

I purchased a PAC electronic fence after doing searches on DOL about escape behaviour and containment systems. It's similar to those Innotek systems. There are instructions and I should be able to put it together, albeit very slowly.

The information that is missing is how to secure the wire around the yard so that my other dog doesn't trip around and loosen it. I need to figure that out first before I install everything properly.

Thanks for the replies so far. Will look into JulesP's suggestion, though I am on a student budget at the moment. Pigtail posts look ideal but I'd need quite a few to go around the area.

Edited by Ms Genki

perhaps phone the company? I don't know much about them, but presume the actual wire is buried a short distance underground- with visible markers, like pegs/flags to help the dog learn where the boundary is during the training days .

Oh just re read the post - at neck level? Yep ,those little pigtail posts seem a good plan ..so you then don't have to worry about other things. Not at all sure how you will stop your other dog running under/through it though :(

Edited by persephone